Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel for a family of five en-route to the French Alps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any recommendations for a reasonable but not too expensive hotel somewhere between say Troyes and Lyon, where we can either book a single large room or two connecting rooms for a family of five (two adults three children). I've looked at a lot of hotels, and it seems really hard to find one that can accommodate us.

Many thanks,

-simon
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd go for a Ibis Budget or the F1's, which are part of ibis now. Book 2 rooms, most have a door between the adjoining rooms. Should be able to get a 3 + 2. Rooms come out at about 40euros per room which I think is quite reasonable.
Just found this one for £21 a night just south of Troyes... hotelF1 Troyes Sud Parc St Thibault. Rue des Azalées ZAC l'Ecluse des Marots 10800 BUCHERES FRANCE
All depends what you are after, this is cheap and cheerful which does me...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We're five and normally book an Ibis/Campanile with connecting rooms. A double and a single in one, two singles in the other. I've not stayed in one where you're looking, but check the Ibis site http://ibishotel.ibis.com/gb/united-kingdom/index.shtml I'm sure other chains would work too. We never found a large single room in France. Hope that helps.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you want something non chain, try Le Val Moret, junction 22 of A5. They have a family room for 104 euros (sleeps 5) food is amazing and there's a pool for burning off the excess energy in kids. I've stayed there and strongly recommend it (admittedly by someone who hasn't posted in ages, but Tripadvisor may offer reassurance)

Only worth it if you are having a proper 12 or more hour stop though. If its a quick 4 - 5 hour kip you are after, Ibis and F1s are the way to go...

CF
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Szymon, many rooms of the chain hotels sleep 3 - a double with a single bunk over the top. We're a family of 4 and have often taken two rooms with an adult and a child in each. They can be very cheap and fine for just an overnight stop en route.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How do you guys usually request connecting rooms? They tend to not offer that on the Websites -- do you call the hotels in question?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I stayed at val moret, enroute to and from the Alps in the summer. Highly recommend, on a Friday the menu has offers and much cheaper than Saturday. All in all though we probably spent £200 each way once food bill added (although you don't have to eat there of course).
Breakfast was dissapointing though. Pool and jacuzzi rather chilly for my liking! I just enquired for Easter but fully booked.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Szymon, nice B&B at Epinac. They have a gite which will accommodate a family. http://www.theolddoctorshouse.com
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Lizzard, I've dropped them an email (I guess the chance of availability on Friday 13/02 is low but worth a try!).

-simon
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
when our kids were young (we have four) we booked two rooms. i went in one and SWMBO went in another with two kids each
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Szymon, On the way to the Alps we use Les Charmilles which is just off motorway at Chalons-sur-Saone - we are family of 5

They have a couple of large family rooms which sleep 5 and also an apartment type room which sleeps 4 but they will put an extra bed in - we email them and ask them, in English Embarassed but they always reply. Reasonable restaurant

Never bother with brekkie there though - is a bakers just down the road which we go to and buy stuff to eat in car

http://www.logishotels.com/en/hotel-Hotel-Les-Charmilles-9971.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy