Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hurty Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a week in the 3V (which was mostly fantastic) but seemed to have a few issues getting my boots fitting right. In the afternoon they are generally wonderfully comfortable and cause me no problems, but I usually had to experience extreme discomfort for the first two hours or so in the morning. It's usually a pain along the outside of the foot and mostly on my right foot which is slightly bigger than the left. I assume that I'm either doing them up too tight or not tight enough, but really couldn't say which.

I've got the Atomic Live Fit (think that's what they're called, I need a wide boot because I have massive fat feet) and got them last year, so they've only had two weeks of skiing.For some reason they only have two buckles on each boot, one round the ankle and one over the top of the foot. I tend to have to one round the ankle quite tight and the other one just latched over (which is what they told me when I bought them).

The main trouble (other than the pain and having to stop all the time) is that I seem to alter how I ski and it puts more force through my things, which means that my quads end up burning and feeling tired.

Anyone any ideas? Appreciate it's not that easy to diagnose through the internet but, as they feel fine in the afternoon, I assume that it's to do with how I'm wearing them rather than the overall fit themselves. I try to keep boots in my room (rather than ski lockers) because it's slightly warmer than leaving them in the boot lockers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
might be worth stretching your calves a bit and rolling your foot over a massage ball before you put them on each morning, sounds a bit like the foot is going into spasm, i have suffered this myself but normally if it dopes happen it is for the first run or so, some people it can go on a bit longer so if you can loosen off all the joints/muscles before putting the boot on then it should help reduce it

the other thing it could be is the footbeds, if you are not securely at the back of the boot you will be on the wrong place on them, after the morning of skiing your footmay have worked back and be in the correct place so you don't get the problems

all a bit of speculation over the net but something to have a try with
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers, thanks for the advice. I've got quite high arches and the footbeds that I've got are reasonably good, but a bit of a 'warmup' sounds like a good shout...and unlikely to do me any harm at any rate.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy