Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving up to Cervinia in fresh snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, thinking of cheeky trip to Cervinia leaving this Wed evening to redeem a lift pass voucher due to high winds a couple of weeks ago. A lot of snow forecast Wed and Thursday - snowforecast has 20cm each day, anyone know if I'll have trouble on the drive up, bearing in mind I'd be arriving in resort around midnight, I'm afraid the snow ploughs will stop by then so there might be an accumulation? Italian car rentals not so great at giving you snow tires...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Order snow chains
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I drove from malpensa to valtournenche last year and was snowing, but can't comment on going onto cervinia, I didn't need to put the chains on going up however it was quickly getting to the point where I would have needed to if going further. I got snow tyres no problem
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Italian car rentals now seem to be including chains as standard (as chains or winter tyres are now compulsory from 15th Oct to 15th April).

I drove up to Cervinia a few weeks ago, and parts did look like they may be challenging at times - just expect to have to use the chains and if you don't consider it a bonus.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks all. I suppose if I have them I'd better know how to put them on, which is quite another thing I suspect. Youtube beckons.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
we have just returned and drove out of resort to Turin on Saturday evening to stay near airport for Sunday morning flight home, decided not to put chains on and we were fine- just about- it was very slippery in village but once outside on the main road we were good to go but I did drive very carefully.

I met two guys at the rental returns hall at the airport on Sunday morning after they had driven down and they said it was the scariest drive of their lives!!

Chains were FOC with rental, you may well need them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Not Cervinia but Folgarida 2 weeks ago - it seems to be a legal requirement that you get chains with the car during winter months. We got them but didn't need them fortunately. As ever a panic at the rental after delays and I didn't do what I always say - check the chains fit etc before moving off - if we had needed them on the mountain and they weren't the right ones not a lot of use complaining when you are 3 hours out of the rental yard!

They were in a generic black box so could have been useless! No hi-viz jackets in the car either BTW - not sure if they are a legal requirement but made me feel a bit better when I got out to see if we needed to put the chains on.

I also bought a pair of industrial rubber gloves from Amazon for £2.50 - reach to the elbows as not a lot of fun reaching behind the wheel in the snow. Good job the security/customs didn't ask me to empty my bag though.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy