Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eating in Bourg Saint Maurice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi you folks out there.

Does anyone have any recommendations for eating out in Bourg please?

Whilst the family (my wife and I plus two boys 12 & 10) will be bringing food with us to our self-catering apartment we would like our boys to experience French cuisine in a typical bistro come restaurant frequented by locals.

Any advice or suggestions would greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Wyn
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try the Refuge in the main shopping street, we've only had lunch there but it's always been good and good value.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for the Refuge also the bar at the bottom of the high Street is now a good restaurant .
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hijacking the post as will need an evening meal in Bourg in mid March when I'm there with my 8 year old daughter for literally the day courtesy of the Eurostar snow trains. Refuge sounds great, but from the reviews it looks like we'd probably need to make a reservation especially as we'll be there on a Saturday (changeover day!)

I presume they wouldn't mind a well-behaved 8 year old in the evening?

Anyway, what would be the best way of making a reservation? My French is very rusty and I'm terrified of making phonecalls even in English at the best of times. On the other hand we'll most likely have left Bourg as soon as the Funicular opens that morning so presumably they won't be open to take reservations then. I'm going to have to ring them, aren't I? Argh.

Any other options if we don't get in at Refuge? Preferably places that don't require a reservation over the phone!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@sparklies, Judging by your reference to the funicular I assume you are staying in Les Arcs. Why not go down one evening and walk up the pedestrian street, look at the menus in the window of the restaurants and make a booking then. You could also do a bit of shopping (if that is your thing).

As to French cuisine why not buy your daughter plat du jour for lunch?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1 for the bar that was the BOn Coin (now the Bistro Alpin)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bazoom (I think it's called) is the place I've usually go if waiting for a train. It's right opposite the station, plenty of room to leave luggage, sometimes has live music on, and does very good pizzas (and other food).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
*johnE* - Not staying anywhere at all! We're doing the Eurostar over the Friday night and returning on the Saturday night, so it's a day trip!

She'll definitely get something French for lunch. That'll make it educational, right? (although to be fair she won't be missing any school!!)

Thanks *kieranm* - that sounds like it could be good too. Pizza is always welcome especially after a day cramming in as much skiing as physically possible!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@sparklies, @TWJ, Le Kozy - about 100m down on the RHS between the station roundabout and the La Ros roundabout - is a good place (albeit slightly oddly named). Run by a friend of the head of the BSM tourist office, so ought to be good!

Last week we ate , prior to our Couchette return, in Le Tonneau, which is on the roundabout outside the station on the Ard de Ciel Avenue (Funicular Street) . They were more than happy to have us in there from about 5pm, with all the travelling gear inside, having a couple of pre-prandials before ordering food. Good choice, good food, good service, good price. OK beer.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Arctic Roll, thanks! Good to have another recommendation!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Love Le Kozy!! Definitely worth it!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Arctic Roll, Yes I like Le Tonneau as well, good food and friendly service. I sometimes wonder whether they are open 24 hours a day. Since I have managed breakfast, lunch and evening meal there and noticed them open late at night while passing through Bourg.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For good French food there is the Hostellerie du Petit St Bernard. It has a good value fixed price menu, and the staff can speak English. It is on the road out to Val d'Isere just after the roundabout near the station.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
^^ I'll vouch for "Hostellerie du Petit St Bernard"..
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy