Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Essential oil pain therapy

Poster: A snowHead
So for the sake of not promoting a company on the forums, I'll try not to be too enthusiastic, but I have been using Doterra's "deep blue" blend on my knees and hips after I'm done on the mountain. It's become part of my routine actually. This stuff works great, sort of like Ben Gay, but no greasy lotion. The started reading about how different essential oils work for your body, and have started bringing in more blends to my collection. Is there anyone else using them for pain relief or injuries, and if so, which ones are you using and for what?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@GearSpoke, I have long been a believer in lavender oil to aid relaxation and the ability to deal with pain. Chamomile is supposed to aid sleep but I'm not so sure about that one. Capsicum oil/cream is, I think, available on prescription for the relief of some types of arthritis pain. There is a lot still to be learnt about some essential oils. If something works for you, and is doing no harm, thats really good!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@GearSpoke, humm yes I also love to experiment with alternatives to nasty chemicals. This season I've been experimenting with Naufrangium Helvetica at 30c http://www.maryenglish.com/helvetia-proving.html , it's watery origins so beautifully complementing the wateriness of ice and snow. And I like to think that the wreck, buffeted by 115 years of waves and pounding rocks will be able to resonate with my poor knees, buffeted by pounding moguls...

Also after a hard days skiing my wife loves to relax with the amazing healing / cleansing properties of Artemisia Vulgaris infused steam which she says is very beneficial after being trussed up in the dreaded GoreTex and polypropylene which both do trap lots of nastiness about her person et al http://tikkunmedical.com/wellness/v-steam/ although this is quite niche and hard to find in most resorts she really can't recommend it highly enough.

Of course proper preventative steps prior to skiing and also nutrition are even more important. Why get injured at all when you can, with forethought and planning prevent all illness and injury? That's why we all, as a family, take mindfulness very very seriously as part of our ski preparations. It is just what we do. Packing our luggage (we always use natural fabrics) and loading the car (Mrs ed ensures everything inside the car is harmonised visually). Of course crystal guided meditation http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/crystal-meditation.html and ski visualisation goes a long long way to avoid problems on the slopes. We always meditate under blue crystals for skiing (the water theme again). Although our 13 year old gets a bit uncooperative when we try to get him to activate his Muladhara Chakra point (you can take a horse to water). As for nutrition I could go on for ages but perhaps that's all been said already?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ed123, Sorry - you have lost me on the 'inside of the car being harmonised visually'
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does Ibuprofen gel count?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ed123,
I find Artemisia Absinthium a great help in the relief from reality wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I took some Escherichia Coli with me to St. Anton and it helped massively, as toxins fair fell out of me. An added bonus was I lost a substantial amount of weight and felt like a newborn again...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And this folks is why you should stay away from crack cocaine.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Frosty the Snowman, + 1 and alcohol!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ed123 I agree that proper stretching and exercise is the best way to avoid injury, but every now and then you fall just right and get a nasty bruise or strain. The deep blue seems to help out with all of that.

@Mosha marc- No, lol that does not count, but whatever works for you I suppose NehNeh
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@genepi, well obviously she carefully arranges the luggage taking into account colour theory. I quote:"It has been known for eons of time that color plays a major role in setting up a particular mood or state of mind. Color does affect one's feelings, moods, and emotions." This can cause problems if of the little ones voms in the back. Colors are certain wavelengths of electro-magnetic energy seen through our eyes. The color we see is the part of the visible spectrum that is reflected back by a certain object." http://www.deeptrancenow.com/colortherapy.htm

getting back to the OP we often relax to the gentle scent of Ylang-Ylang. Or possibly more likely lightly malted wheat or barley and Humulus extract and if Mrs Ed's tikkun steam master allows it, Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am a big fan of internal fixation for fractures.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ed123, I honestly cannot tell if you are taking the p!ss here.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Frosty the Snowman, +1 - sincerely hoping it's the latter!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ed123,
Quote:
This can cause problems if of the little ones voms in the back
That was my next question. How do you get the kids to conform to the colour scheme? Mine spend most car journeys hitting each other or throwing up. It's difficult to let the harmonious visuals work under these circumstances.
snow report
@Steilhang- No offense, but it sounds like your car while on a road trip isn't a very fun place to be ;P You need to get your chitlins some Serenity Smile
latest report
@Frosty the Snowman, well that can be very helpful for cancer….every time we think we've a nasty tumour coming on (despite all the brassica enemas) we always rush for a glass of each others finest golden liquid http://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatmentsandsideeffects/complementaryandalternativemedicine/pharmacologicalandbiologicaltreatment/urotherapy
snow conditions
@ed123 Ha ha oh jeeze, I did not know that this was actually a thing! Where on earth did you hear about this fun fact?
snow report
I am reminded of one of our Tel's greatest moments on Radio 2.

"Bifidus Maximus - I though that was the Roman name for Cleethorpes".

Only just managed to rescue the Integra from an early grave in a ditch near High Wycombe. Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy