Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel recommendations near A432 Lyon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any recommendations for a budgetish hotel near the A432 at Lyon. Am coming off the tunnel at about 4pm and aiming to get to Lyon for a nights kip before heading up to Tignes for a ski before we can get into our apartment.
One simple thing needed. Somewhere to get a beer and a bite to eat on site or v close.
Going to need a beer after leaving Cornwall at 8am 😄
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-3519-ibis-budget-lyon-mionnay/index.shtml
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fogliettaz wrote:
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-3519-ibis-budget-lyon-mionnay/index.shtml

Thank you. I did see this one and it's perfect for us. Just is there anything nearby to get a beer and a bite to eat?

Cheers
Tim
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmmm - Lyon is about 6 hours from the Tunnel - you may find most restaurants closing down by 10pm French time - you could try the BB hotel at Troyes which will take you about 4 and a half hours and has a good chain Italian or a Buffalo Grill within 2 minutes walk. Its only 2 mins of the AutoRoute and there is a Le Clerc supermarket with the cheapest fuel I have found in France.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Really want to get to Lyon. One of the reasons for driving was to get 8 days skiing in as it's the last trip of the season.
There is a couple of ibis hotels around Lyon. Anyone know if they have a bar? One is at a service area. Guess the service station would do food 24hrs and probably a couple of beers?
Tim
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chocksaway wrote:
you could try the BB hotel at Troyes which will take you about 4 and a half hours and has a good chain Italian or a Buffalo Grill within 2 minutes walk. Its only 2 mins of the AutoRoute.

Try to pick the correct BB hotel in Troyes, it's the St Parres one and not the Barberey St Suplice one - although if you do book the wrong one it's only 5-10 minutes by car between them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Used the one at Chaponnay (south east of lyon), but it has no bar, used to buy some beers on the ferry or tunnel and then have a beer in the room watching the entertaining French channels. Its cheap and cheerful, so was ideal for me on the way to L2A. Cost me 39Euros for the room, 4.50 each for the breakfast.
http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-5086-ibis-budget-lyon-est-chaponnay/index.shtml
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you for all the help. Have settled on the Ibis Budget at Lyon Airport. Just off the road we are travelling on. Bar open till 11pm and the bargin price of 84€ for 2 rooms...... roll on the 6th march snowHead snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy