Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

February 2016 trip for a couple

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

My son has the possibility of going on a school trip during the February 2016 half term for a week.

This has opened up the chance for my wife and I to embark on a trip on our own for the first time in 10 years !

I am after some advice on resorts / accomodation for this time. Basic criteria are;

Catered chalet or half board hotel ideally with a hot tub (chalet) or a spa in the hotel
Austria, Switzerland or Italy
Ski in ski out if possible
Decent sized ski area
Pretty town (dominated by chalet style buildings nestled in the trees would be great)
Not too busy bearing in mind we will be there over half term

If anyone has experience of staying anywhere that meets some (or all !!) of the above I'd love to hear them.

Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Right, it doesn't meet country or ski-in/out, but I have stayed at Hotel les Aiglons in Chamonix with my wife and for me this would tick a lot of your other boxes.

Chamonix is a pretty town down in the valley (and was a town before it was a ski resort, so exists all year round, not purpose built) with lots of very nice things to do (including non-skiing touristy things).

Les Aiglons has a fantastic, gorgeous looking bar, with an outdoor hot tub, outdoor swimming pool and "outdoor" sauna and steam room, as well as a spa area for massages etc.

The food there is fantastic, we stayed there half board and loved it - it also has a really good (and pretty cheap) wine list too with local savoyard wines mixed in there.

Ski area is pretty big (well actually a number of small ski areas connected by bus or train) and very varied, and each ski area has its own charm and individuality.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dolomites. San cassiano. Albergo Frohsinn, Mountainsun LTD.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Italian Dolomites, Arabba, Hotel Alpenrose (beautiful hotel with great food, ski in/ski out and spa), own flights to Venice/Treviso (BA or Easyjet), transfers - private with Venice Cab, or resort bus from airport to the door (Dolomiti Ski Shuttle). Have been going there half-term week every year for last four years and again this Feb. Huge, beautiful ski area and only a few queues at key lifts. Mountain restaurants are great too (better and cheaper than French resorts).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hotel Ellex in Staffal, Ski Monterosa ticks all your boxes I think. We stayed there last year & can recommend it. Resort never too busy halfterm week either
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy