Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another annoying "where to go thread"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So as the title suggests. We have recently returned from Val Thorens and would return in a heart beat, if I didn't have an urge to find somewhere new for next year.

Basically next year we will be a group of approx 10, 25-27 year olds, mixed group. Ski ability ranges from expert to beginers (3 weeks, but nervous) We would like a very good ski area like last year, but a few may turn to the dark side and sample boarding, so a ski area like the three valleys isn't really required.

A very good après ski would be required, apart from thAt the budget is about 850/900 for everything, obviously the better the hotel the better, however we stayed in a hole in cal Thorens this year and and had a laugh so accomodation isn't everything.

Any resorts with a good apres nightlife for this age group, accompanied by a good ski area for preferably cheaper than 850 otherwise we will more than be happy to go back to val Thorens. Cheers

Also if you know approximatley the price of a pint there then that would be great! Thanks Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a lot of good apres in Austria...and the beer is cheaper!! St Anton, Ischgl, Saalbach-Hinterglemm come to mind.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had fantastic apres in Austria... I thought I went to Hellenbach Very Happy
(Fetches coat)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Gethin89, Soll or Westendorf as long your going before mid march - connected to very large ski area (Ski Welt) - very very good apres especially Soll. Also one of the cheaper areas of Austria let alone the alps. Would be able to do get flights, accom, lift pass and ski hire for 500-600 probably less with a group that size.

Would concur with Saalbach above maybe Ischgl would be a bit too pricey. St Anton defo has good Apres but I'm not sure how it would stack up on price.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've done 5 trips to Val Thorens and adore the place however looking at your requirements would definitely recommend Austria. I had a fantastic week in Mayrhofen a couple of years back and would add that to the list above. I'm sure we were paying less than 4 euros a pint throughout the resort although the jagermeister may have affected my memory.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Andorra? Pas has a bad rep, but it seems to be cheaper again now and the skiing is pretty good, and the incidentals cheap.
Schladming in Austria is a good ski area and while it seems quiet due to excellent sound-proofing there are some fairly noisy nights available out there.
Sauze D'Oulx in Italy is amazingly cheap and superb nightlife, but not sure the slopes would quite match your requirements, that said we loved it somehow even though compared to 3v etc where we usually go it's a bit limited/old lifts.
For France maybe Serre Chevalier? Quite lively, quite good slopes - and ice karting for a bit of variety Smile
Les Arcs 2000 or 1800 might also work - great slopes and we've never struggled to find a lively bar in either (1950/1600 is a bit family oriented)

Probably not helping cut it down though...sorry!

aj x
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ischgl would definitely tick the box for you, biggest apres scene I've encountered anywhere but the price is a downside.

I'd look into Saalbach, it really has everything and accommodation is cheaper than Ischgl.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've just had our first holiday in Austria & found it so much cheaper than France for eating & drinking. We went to Mayrhofen & there was some great apres, lots of groups of 'youngsters' Toofy Grin Good ski area too Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the feedback, done pas de la Casa twice, and really enjoyed it.

I will look into Austria and especially soll. Thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy