Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lleida-Alguaire Airport - what facilities?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, travelling to Andorra in March. We land at Lleida-Alguaire Airport. Just wondering if anyone here has travelled via this airport and can share what facilities it has, i.e. are there plenty of baggage trolleys or like Chambery are there steps between baggage carousels and the coach point?

Reason is that my wife has a bad back and at airports like Chambery I end up carrying 2 ski bags, suitcase, boot bag and carry on! If Lleida-Alguaire Airport is similar to Chambery I may invest in a Snokart system, e.g. Zip ski bag and suitcase into a single wheeled bag.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spain has a penchant for pharaonic projects building airports that then have no passengers, and Lleida-Alguaire is good example! I've never been to it myself(*) so can't actually answer your question - but if no-one else does either then please do post back here afterwards and let us know how it worked out for you.

(*)although I did once go on the couple of motorway kilometres they built alongside it - shame they only built the middle bit and not either of the two ends, meaning that it's quicker to use the more direct pre-existing smaller roads rather than the motorway (and its access roads) itself... and hence this multi-million-Euro motorway is empty; I heard teenagers use it for drag-racing!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The following photographs suggest the car park and coach park are just outside the terminal and its all on one level:
http://www.aeroportlleida.cat/index.php?id=100&L=2

As they are bragging that their summer season passenger total rose to a massive 5700 passengers I would suggest its not going to be busy.

Catalan architecture leaves something to be desired though.......

@Pyremaniac, Yip, there are a lot of unused or virtually unused glory projects - Cuidad Real, Albacete, Corvera. All part of the every province must have an airport (shame nobody mentioned aircraft). Still the high speed trains are brill!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Now realised it's a relatively new c class airport. They only have 8 scheduled flights per week, 5 of which are on Sunday! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's a small airport all on one level. Very flat so no slopes or steps to negotiate. Plenty of trolleys in the baggage hall some specifically designed with ski type racks so you can stand your skis up near the handle and put your cases on the flat bit. Theres a small cafe but that's about it. When we flew there I think there were 3 flights all landed within 30 mins so it got a little busy. Coach park is only a short walk away. Enjoy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What was the real transfer time @joydivision, Not just the one printed in the brochure.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@kiteman69, in total it took us 3 hours but that included a 30 min stop and a 10 minute stop by the police.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone, will save money and stick with current ski bags and luggage for another season.

Ski company estimated 3 hours 30 minutes transfer so that sound pessimistic, although we always hope for snow delays!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Flew in there March last year and will be doing so again on 22nd March. Nice little air port but facilities are limited to a small cafe. As already reported there are plenty of luggage trollies and its only a short distance, no more than 100m to the buses and its flat. One thing to not that last year there was no heating in the arrivals and baggage reclaim so be prepared with ski jacket etc. Also had same transfer experience as @joydivision
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Everyone was spot on. Nice little airport and plenty of free luggage trolleys!

Currently enjoying plenty of snow and sun. Today skied between El Tarter and Pas de la Casa. Slushy down into both resorts, but firmer up top.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A Snowheads Happy Ending - marvellous. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy