Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel Accommodation - Advice Sought!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear All,

I was hoping to seek the advice of some wise Snowheads regarding accommodation in Meribel.
Months ago a large group of friends and family booked to go skiing 14th-21st March in Meribel, with flights and chalet booked separately. Unfortunately it's been greatly complicated by people only doing parts of the week etc but essentially I've just found out that we've accidentally got more people than available beds for the first half of the week and there's no flexibility in the chalet. So sadly, I find myself desperately looking for as cheap as possible a place to stay for myself and my brother from 14th-18th March.
Searching for just half a week seems impossible with any tour operators and AirBnB has not been helpful either. We've also explored hotels In Brides les Bains but that would effectively cut us off in the evenings from the rest of the group. I was hoping that some one might know of a spare room for those dates for two very polite young men who would literally only be using the room to briefly rest our weary heads after a hard day on the mountain!
Many thanks in advance,

Tom
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Baoi, these are your best bet. Neither of them are anything special and both are noisy because they're above bars but the location's perfect, right in the centre and next to/opposite the escalator that takes you to the slopes.
http://www.hoteldoron.com/
http://www.tavernemeribel.com/

There are very few other options for short stay in Meribel (unless you can afford 5* prices!) but have a look on the tourist information office website, too. There used to be a French lady ran a cheap B&B near the Spar but I can't remember the name. Not as good a location though - easy walk for the evenings but better with the bus in ski gear.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try Aktiv Experience they do short breaks.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Laterooms.com is showing availability around the 3vallees but not in meribel.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Baoi, Welcome to SnowHeads snowHead Try posting your request on the Solutions Room of www.chaletsdirect.com - there may be a private chalet owner who can help. Failing that, if Mottaret (apartment) might work, drop me a PM. Good Luck
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I very much doubt you will get anything in Meribel and will have to stay in Brides or La Tania and taxi back if you meet friends in Meribel in the evenings. That is the week of the Alpine World Cup Finals and everywhere has been booked for months. I will be there staying with my son in his spare room so can't help.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If Brides is any use then try http://www.le-plein-sud.com/ Nice people, not the best location but they do rent their apartments by the day for about 65euros for a studio.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mogulski wrote:
I very much doubt you will get anything in Meribel..... and everywhere has been booked for months.
Slight exaggeration. The Doron shows availability for the OP's dates and the Taverne for all but the Saturday Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Guys,
Thanks for being so welcoming and friendly!

@raceplate - you're right, the location is absolutely perfect but I am slightly reticent as the price is quite steep considering their own websites admit that you won't get any sleep until 2am!! I'll definitely try and find more info on the b&b by the spa!

@3valleysofpow - unfortunately I'm not really looking for catered as meals will be with the main group!

@Montana - great advice thanks, I'll post on chaletsdirect now!

@mogulski - hopefully slightly pessimistic but thanks for the heads up as I had no idea the Alpine racing was in town!

@tarrantd - great back up but I'm still foolishly hoping for something that won't cost quite so much in taxis etc!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy