Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need a new pair of Goggles, any recomendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Banff in just under three weeks so I need to get them ASAP but I would really like some advice. I'm willing to pay extra as long as I know that I am getting top quality.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
see my post on the Oakley Wisdoms (don't know how to link to it) ... expensive but worth it if you want to enjoy the ski in bad conditions
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi RichardB - I've got a pair Cebe Powder goggles that I picked up in Chatel last year, They're cool looking Toofy Grin and have a spherical lens (for better periferal vision)- check them out at
http://www.the-eye-shop.com/EN/produit.aspx?categ=7&id_pdt=32046

You can get a pair plus a spare lens (get a mirror finish for sun and looking cool and a yellow or rose for the inevitable white out) for less than the Oakley's. Most double lens goggles do an adequate job these days - It really comes down to a style choice and the readies.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've recently bought a pair of Yodais and they're the most comfortable goggles I've worn. Spare lenses are easy to come by as well
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RichardB,

I would think that the resort would have as good a choice as anywhere else..so I would buy in Banff.
That way you can test them up against the local light conditions.
For only one pair I would buy the darkest, yellowest lense to give the best flat light vision. I have a lighter pinkish lense
which is not as good in flat light but has better optical quality...
So test them in ski light conditions would be my goal..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sharkymark wrote:
I've recently bought a pair of Yodais and they're the most comfortable goggles I've worn. Spare lenses are easy to come by as well

I have the addidas yodai too..... fantastic goggles, no steaming up, very comfortable, some great lenses and an incredible field of view without being enormously bit....

I have seen the spare lenses but had thought that £30 + p&P was a bit steep, have you seen them any cheaper?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RichardB, Buy either Oakley Wisdom's, Crowbar's or A Frames (they all perform the same, it's only the fit that's different) in resort as they're waaay cheaper in the US/Canada than here.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
buns, I've seen them somewhere for £20. On eBay I think...

Bolle goggles are also much cheaper in the US: I paid £23 for a pair (including postage) and over here they were £68.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the advice, I think I'll wait until I get to the resort. The Oakley Wisdom's look good.

The biggest problem for me in the past when buying goggles is the fact that I wear glasses but I have just started wearing contact lenses so the problem of my glasses steaming up underneath a pair of goggles has been answered! Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RichardB wrote:
Thanks for the advice, I think I'll wait until I get to the resort. The Oakley Wisdom's look good.

The biggest problem for me in the past when buying goggles is the fact that I wear glasses but I have just started wearing contact lenses so the problem of my glasses steaming up underneath a pair of goggles has been answered! Very Happy

It also means you dont need goggles that more closely resemble a face mask!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

It also means you dont need goggles that more closely resemble a face mask!

That as well! Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy