Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

slovenia kranjska-gora

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got a last min option to go in Half term, anyone been? Any tips?. Taking 7 year old daughter who is reasonable standard skier on blues mild reds.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@globalbagtag.com, I am afraid I am probably not going to be of immediate help but I learnt to ski "about" 25 years ago, pre Yugoslav break up, in Kranjska-Gora and I thought it was great. Slopes were right at the back of the hotels as I remember, but there were others a short bus ride away. I hope someone else has got more recent experience for you and I would really be interested in how you got on if you do go as I want to go back sometime. Everything was stupidly cheap in those days, exchange rate changed twice a week and things like that. I think they are in the euro now ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My step daughter was a rep there for a couple of seasons, here she is....

Hello, I worked there for two winter seasons 2years ago.. And what a wonderful place it was. Beautiful village, lovely people, great piste for beginners/intermediate, fantastic ski school with really great instructors, excellent food in the restaurants (not wonderful in the hotels, but ok) , some really great apres activities such as snow dog sledging, snow shoeing, igloo ing, cross country skiing, Slovenian schnapps tasting, bum boarding, an afternoon of snowboarding lessons... The list goes on to keep the family entertained for the entire week. And a family holiday it is, I wouldn't recommend this place as a Lively party town for groups of twenty something's.. There is one main bar in the town, which is child friendly (where the reps host quiz nights etc) and there is a small nightclub underneath it. Kept us reps entertained for the season. Smile

The piste is right behind the hotels and has around 30km of piste available. The slope you can see from the hotels is where the ski schools remain a lot of the time, it's where the beginners need to stay. Then once you go up and over the other side of the mountain you have red and black options, this is where the World Cup run is, this is a black and a very challenging black it is, with very steep drops. But what a great run it is if you like that sort of thing. Then once you make it right across the mountain there are some really lovely little hidden blues that seem to get forgotten about. This may be because you have a bit of pushing when making it back across to the front side of the mountain again. But don't miss it. What beautiful views!

Where kranjska gora is based is just ten mins from Italy, and about 30 mins from Austria, also bordering with Hungary and Croatia, this can make for quite the variety of food available, and may I just say- the best pizza ever!!

Also just a three hour drive from Venice- this is usually another day trip offered by the reps, I did this a couple times and it was when the carnival was on, which was amazing. This is more for those who don't wish to spend all their time on the ski slopes...

Money- while Slovenia is part of the euro... It is still extremely cheap!!! When I was the two years ago, you were around 1.20 euro for a large beer, 80cents for a small glass of wine, 1.50 for a coffee (and oh boy do they know how to make a decent cup of coffee!!!) , around 8 euros for a gorgeous large fresh pizza, 2.50 euros for a pack of 20 cigarettes, about 5 euros for a meal on the slopes such as hot dog and chips or goulash etc..
Hopefully that gives you an idea, as if you cross the boarder and head to Austria you will pay 8euros for a beer, 7 or 8 euros for a glass of wine, and about 15/20 euros for a meal. About 10 euros for food on the mountain. So in comparison- Slovenia is great value for money!!! Unlike Bulgaria, the sights are beautiful, the food is great, the people are friendly, and it's not a poor country in any way at all.

Enjoy your holiday it's well worth a visit Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just wondering how you got on in Slovenia globalbaqtaq.com. It's somewhere I'm quite interested in. We will be looking for wide blues and not too far from an airport. Would it fit the bill please?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Posted the following a year ago - after a brilliant long weekend in Slovenia:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2500578&highlight=slovenia+trip+report#2500578
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We stayed at the Alpine on the slopes here a few years back. The snow conditions weren't great but that's the luck of the drawer. We liked the place very much, great value for money and a nice village too. Night skiing possibilities from memory...my son was about the same age and enjoyed ski school.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy