Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shell jacket - no lift pass holder

Poster: A snowHead
I've just bought a hard shell jacket to replace my old school ski suit. It doesn't have a ski pass holder in the sleeve though, so now I'm confused.... Are there any suggestions for how I should deal with my ski pass without having to change my lovely new jacket ??

Many thanks !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your salopettes pocket...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Get one of the pass holders that fit around your arm
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to snowHead

Is there an inside zip pocket on the left chest - I usually stick mine there but it does mean an occasionally shuffle at the barrier. Plus that's usually where I keep my cash and pass receipt so I would be completely stuffed if I left it unzipped in a bar at the end of the day or similar.

<rant> Why on earth can't jacket manufacturer at least provide all the basics e.g. Pass pocket, inside zip pocket, goggles pouch, couple of chest pockets, couple of lower pockets, pit zips<rant> - for me those are absolute essentials in any ski jacket, and yet I've lost sight of the number of jackets I've stroked on Sport Pursuit that have one or other of those lovely essentials missing...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How about an ID armband of the type worn by security staff these days?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SECURITY-SIA-I-D-ARMBANDS-DOORMAN-SECURITY-freepost-/270783862227?pt=UK_BOI_Industrial_Supply_Security_Equipment_ET&var=&hash=item3f0bf9d5d3
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Bonski, The crack of your ar$e would be a perfect place to put your lift pass. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the suggestions, I like the idea of a security style pass holder. I'm trying to avoid having to do a gymnastic contortion every time I approach the lift - I look like enough of a mug getting down the slopes, would prefer to have the chance of appearing semi competent at the lift stations at least.

Bertie - I think there's a bit of snobbery going on - bought myself a "backcountry" jacket haven't i, so I guess their thinking is real skiers don't have lift passes these days! It looks cool though, which is obviously the only thing that matters.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Bonski, Sorry but was it a genuine first post on a serious subject? Perhaps it's the wine or the fact that I'm wondering whether I'll get home tomorrow but I'm struggling with the concept that you are struggling about where to keep your ski pass if there's no convenient little pocket on your sleeve. Please tell me I've been had if only to make me feel better Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ride in North America, just tie-wrap the pass to any zipper and you're good to go.

My wine was free and therefore garbage, but the beer was expensive and good.

Actually I always ask people to clip any resort passes off before I photograph them as it looks like they could be riding at a resort with those things. The idea of having a coat which is designed specifically to be used *at a resort* seems pretty uncool to me. But then I'm way older than the thirteen year olds who apparently dictate what is and isn't cool to the rest of humanity.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
philwig wrote:
The idea of having a coat which is designed specifically to be used *at a resort* seems pretty uncool to me.

Having one small feature which is intended to be used in places where at least 99% of all skiers go fairly regularly is somehow "uncool"???????
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have always put pass in trouser pocket and never have a problem.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is this really a thing. If its an RFID pass anywhere on the left of the body will do unless you're a giant or a dwarf.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
took mine to a local shop that did alterations etc, put me a pocket in the sleeve for a tenner !! brill
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How outdoor clothing design works:

1. take walking/mountaineering jacket
2. attach small pocket to the sleeve
3. call small pocket "lift pass holder"
4. you now have a ski specific garment and can charge £100 extra

rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Stick it in your hat, though of course on the left Smile

snow conditions
My pass is in a pocket on the top of my left arm but I went through several right hand gates last week and had to contort a bit.
ski holidays
another thought - you can find some midlayer fleeces with arm pockets - wear one of those underneath. Chest pockets work well too. My daughters jacket doesn't have a sleeve pocket but it has an internal mesh chest pocket. I just safety-pinned that pocket closed.
snow report
Do any resorts still let you load the data onto the swatch snow pass watches?
ski holidays
My jacket has a zipped pocket at the bottom of the left hand sleeve so the pass goes in there and rarely sees the light of day. Its easy then to wave the left arm in a right direction if I go through a gate with the sensor on that side.

But to answer the question perhaps you could have some sort of pocket attached on the inside of the left hand sleeve
snow report
Tuck it in the back of your left-hand glove.

Or stick it in your back pocket and twerk it baby! Lifties appreciate that kind of thing...
ski holidays
@Bonski, isn't there a chest pocket (unless I've missed something)? If it hasn't got a chest pocket of some description then take it back, cool or not Toofy Grin
latest report
philwig wrote:
Ride in North America, just tie-wrap the pass to any zipper and you're good to go.

Things moved on a bit from the last century... Laughing

jedster wrote:
you can find some midlayer fleeces with arm pockets - wear one of those underneath. Chest pockets work well too.

This ^^
Even siide/lower pockets on a jacket will work without much faff...

Or sometimes gloves (like my Burton impact) also have a pocket where you can fit the pass...
snow conditions
I'd be nervous about having my pass in a garment I changed (a couple of my mid layers have sleeve pockets) or might lose (gloves).

Quote:

stick it in your back pocket and twerk it baby!

Laughing
latest report
Like Pam says. Choose one place in an item you will wear each day e.g. back bottom pocket. And get twerking.
snow conditions
I ride in a hoodie. My lift pass lives in my trouser pocket, but it usually doesn't register on the readers. I just er, lift a leg slightly at the lift pass gates and it gets picked up (the pass, not the leg). Not technically a midget, blame it on low snow levels and thus a relatively high gate or something Wink

@NickyJ, re those swatch lift pass thingies, apparently you can use them in the Jungfrau region. Swiss solidarity and all that...
latest report
How are you even asking this? Will work just fine in your trouser pocket, in your chest pocket, in your actual pocket... don't need a 'lift pass pocket'.
snow conditions
@call me dave, excellent - it might get used again then Happy. I still think that was a nice idea and saves the need for the pocket on the coat.
ski holidays
I put mine in my undies, just tucked in next to a cheek. Sometimes it slips and chafes but usually I'm okay. It's cool because I can do this little butt shimmy to bleep myself through the gate.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tie a tourniquet to your left arm under your jacket and slide the pass underneath.

OK, you might start to lose feeling in your arm after a few minutes, and then eventually your arm, but at least you won't lose your lift pass.
snow conditions
First world problems
ski holidays
kat.ryb wrote:
How are you even asking this? Will work just fine in your trouser pocket, in your chest pocket, in your actual pocket... don't need a 'lift pass pocket'.

For skiiers, yes. I board and ski, and so always look for a jacket with the pass pocket on the sleeve near the wrist. I ride goofy so having the pass anywhere other than my lower left arm requires contortionism and what not. Small thing that makes a big difference...
latest report
This is a new low for a question on a skiing forum.

Obviously, the answer is tape it to your forehead.
ski holidays
Why buy a jacket without a lift pass pocket if you are then worried where to put your pass? Schoolboy error. Toofy Grin
snow report
Worst comes to worst u can tie it into the left hand pocket
snow report
punch a hole in it, lanyard around neck - sorted Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Quote:

It doesn't have a ski pass holder in the sleeve though, so now I'm confused.... Are there any suggestions for how I should deal with my ski pass without having to change my lovely new jacket ??

Seriously??

How about ...... put it in any old pocket on your left hand side. It's a long shot, but it just might work.

rolling eyes
ski holidays
Shameless self promotion here, but you could buy:

http://www.whitedotskis.com/mexwd-eclipse-hoody

SnowShepard & Piste Office (both regular snowHeads) are retailing them, or you can get them stright off the webstore.

Spamming over now Twisted Evil
snow report
Many years ago in Peyragudes in the Pyrannees I had my favourite soft thin jacket for spring skiing. It had pockets that were less than secure so I kept my pass in my front trouser pocket. My two daughters early teen daughters were less than impressed by my occasional pelvic thrusting at the gate when trying to get my pass to register. They still remind me of the shame now. Embarassed
snow conditions
Trouser pocket. That's what I've been doing for years. It's in exactly the place you want it and is, arguably, even better than putting it in a sleeve pocket.

@midgetbiker, Nice idea for the fleece, but what happens on all those days when you don't wear a fleece?
ski holidays
Sideways_The_Youngest got a freebie childs pass at Val this year for the first time and because he's little, we had to pick him up and swipe him against the reader to get it to detect his pass... Unless he grows a bit between now and next year, deffo helmet mount.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy