Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Start of March - 3 nights - Where to go...

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I feel like I've contributed little to the forum lately other than ask questions rolling eyes

Looking to go away at the start of March for 3 nights. Have looked at Chamonix B&B for 3 nights coming in at about £300pp (not including lift passes or transfers).

But wanted to know suggestions for a couple nights break with good snow that won't cost the earth. Any suggestions welcomed. Would ideally like some decent int - adv runs but beggers can't be choosers.

Answers on a postcard.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In another thread I suggested this.

Quote:
I would look at the precise dates you are travelling and see what flights are available and at what times clearly, an evening flight on your last day is desirable.

I would then use Sky scanner to check out flights for Innsbruck Geneva Salzburg Zurich Turin and possibly a few other such as Grenoble and Chambery for airports that are convenient for you.

See where you can conveniently and relatively cheaply fly to and from then look to see what resorts are close, without such information any suggestions are a bit of a stab in the dark.

PS is that price for two people sharing a room or for a single person & does it include flights?

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 28-01-15 15:32; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ideally we'd leave from Scotland/ North of England. Leaving early morning on the 2nd and returning any time on the 5th. I've been using Ice Lolly as I think the package deals seem a bit better value than flights at the moment. I may be wrong.

Flights on their own seem pretty expensive. Had looked at Sky Scanner but they don't look to be offering anything like the value of a package at the moment!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Flights into Milan Bergamo with Ryanair are going very cheap atm. From nearly all UK departure points. Example - 06-09 March for approx £50 rtn with a choice of flight times from London Stansted. That would be 10kg cabin luggage only mind.

EDIT - Sorry Scotland/Northern England not so good.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 28-01-15 15:42; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah but probably add skis to that for not crazy amounts of money for skiis I'm assuming? Cheers, will look into that. SkySkanner to Mayrhofen looking like £230 which is silly considering you can get B&B in Chamonix for 3 nights including flights for cheaper! And by the looks of things the snow there just now is ok!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@RosigLOL,
Must admit the Chamonix deal including flights does not look bad at all.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm leaning towards it now. May just pull the trigger. Downside is bussing it to the hill every day. Sure I'll survive Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@RosigLOL,
If the transfer is not included car hire for three days may be as cheap as any way of getting there and then you don't need the buses.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's French school hols till 7 March, but that week won't be too bad.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the heads up Pam. Booking it just now!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have completed a couple of three day trips to PDS staying in or around Avoriaz and Morzine. Cheap flights, short transfers etc.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Beware Icelolly deals, I believe they have extras that are not included in the headline price.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for all the advice guys. Ended up booking Chamonix off my own back and using some of my Avios points for cheap(er) flights!

We are staying in Les Praz in Chamonix as far as I'm aware. Unsure if that's a separate village or an area within Chamonix...

Our flight gets in at 11:45... What's the best way to get on the hill as early as possible? I'm looking at Alpybus but reviews say they can be a bit unpredictable and slow. I then made a booking with geneva-chamonix-transfers.com but they haven't taken any money off me (you pay on the day) and I don't want to show up and nobody is there!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Les Praz is an area within Chamonix.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If the flights (EasyJet) are cost effective, try Innsbruck. No resort transfer as you stay in Innsbruck (€10-15 taxi) and then use free ski bus from hotel to whichever resort has best snow! We normally stay at the Hilton.

Stubai Glacier is pretty much snow guaranteed.

Food in innsbruck is reasonable and definitely not Alps prices as Austrians would not accept it.
snow report
Just how bad is france likely to be the first week in March as the French schools are still on holiday? Looking for 7th Ideally ...........
snow report
The 1st week of March starts the 1st. French are off holidays by the 7th!
snow report
Thanks skitrack but \I know that I am trying to find out just how bad it might be that week...............
ski holidays
@Maersk,
We've been for the first week in March for about the last 5 years. It's not really a problem - unless you hit the Paris week. those kids are horrible and their parents aren't much better. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
latest report
A few years back we did Easter in PDS, drove out on Friday, skied Sat, Sun and Monday morning, got home very late Monday night and absolutely shattered but totally worth it.
latest report
Thanks for all the replies folks. If there are any recommendations for speedy transfers from Geneva to Chamonix please let me know!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy