Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Saisies

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any experience of this resort? I've been told by a friend who was there at new year it has certain charm.

I'd be interested on views around ski area, snow sureness (made up word), restaurants, self catering. We are a party of ten in two families, 40 and 50 somethings with six kids from 12 to 20.

we've done 3V, Tignes, PdS, Paradaski to death and fancy a change.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think that Pam W has been there once or twice wink , and has advised on a previous thread or two about Les Saisies
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ah, so thats the area of Beaufortain she hangs out in. I await her thoughts!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skribble, There is a forum search function.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skribble, I'm sure she will be along soon! We've had several day trips there (two of them were in lean snow times so that tells you something Very Happy ). Espace Diamant has plenty to keep you busy (what sort of level are you looking at). I have been there with beginners, intermediates and fairly advanced intermediates, adults and teens, all happy!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I went there 2 years ago for a couple of days on the way to Chamonix. If you want anything other than blue runs then forget it. I'd recommend it as an ideal resort for complete beginners. Maybe I missed something but that's my honest view.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks. i did search the forum but the trouble is everyone has their own angle!

kids are way more adventurous than the adults, dads are very experienced and pretty adventurous on and off piste, girls like to ski a bit and chill a bit. All except the girls are first lift to last lift all week.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would agree that the runs in Les Saisies itself (Mont Bisanne side) aren't hugely challenging in general. When you pull into the car park you would be forgiven for thinking that it's a cross country resort (well it is that too). I have certainly enjoyed skiing over other side though have yet to get down as far as Flumet (iirc Seigneurs poma lift is one to avoid Toofy Grin )
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@skribble,
Not been suspect there are too many icy black runs, tower blocks and yobbish semi permanent British residents for my sensitivities though.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Maybe I missed something

yes you did, but given that there are 192 kms of lift-linked runs you can be forgiven for having failed to explore it properly in a couple of days.

The most challenging skiing is the top area of Notre Dame de Bellecombe which has a lot of accessible off piste.

What time of year would you be thinking of, @skribble, and what sort of accommodation?

If you really like the big French "usines de ski" you probably wouldn't like the Espace Diamant. Chalk and cheese, really.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i like all sorts of ski resorts Pam. i lived in Basel for a while and skied lots of the tiny local resorts and loved them. Melcht See Frucht was a big favourite for a couple of days. We are thinking of new year next year and would favour self catering. Doesn't matter how many rooms or apartments as long as all 10 can eat around one table.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well, if it has to be new year..... I am usually here at New Year but never go near the downhill pistes; far too busy for me (I don't do lift queues).

This place would be good - though very expensive at New Year and possibly already booked. http://www.gites-de-france.com/location-vacances-Villard-sur-Doron-Gite-LE-GITE-DE-BISANNE-73G317117.html#suivant

One advantage of this area is because it's not for "hot shot" skiers the off piste doesn't get tracked out instantly. My son, who has worked seasons in the Espace Killy and the 3 Valleys had his best ever powder day here. And he's rather hoping for another good one on Friday........
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tthats very good value compared to what we are paying P and V for an apartment in Arcs 1950 at half term!!! it also looks pretty nice too. Pamw, thanks so much for your help. You have full permission to push your business via a pm if you think it would suit us
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
T Bar wrote:
@skribble,
Not been suspect there are too many icy black runs, tower blocks and yobbish semi permanent British residents for my sensitivities though.

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

You have full permission to push your business via a pm if you think it would suit us

I don't have a business, @skribble,
latest report
@skribble, just realised that you might have looked at the website for the Gite de Bisanne and seen €1200 without twigging that it was "from" €1200. That's probably the price for late September. It'll be over €3K at New Year, for sure, though it does sleep up to 14 - maybe you could rope in some friends to help share the cost?
snow conditions
Been going there for years, great place for getting miles under your skis, especially if you have children in tow or cautious skiers and plenty of variety for a week of skiing. Its not PdS or 3V (thankfully) and having a car enables you to explore other smaller resorts for a day if you wish.

Snow is usually very good, especially relative to its height and well maintained. Investment in facilities, especially in the last few years has been significant too with sports complex, mountain twister etc

Scenery is truly fantastic and having rented accommodation of all forms, good variety and generally decent quality too.
snow report
@skinutter, wait till you see the new Bellasta lift. Fast 6 man detachable chair, with 2 reds and 1.5 blues spread across an entire mountainside of accessible off piste with lots of different gradients to choose from - even some gentle enough for me!
latest report
Roll on April shall look forward to trying them snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy