Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How snug are your boot liners?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I had new boots fitted by Precision in Val D'Isere 2 seasons ago, with cork/oil liners replacing the standard ones.

Since then I've always had dead toes, after around 3 days skiing they seem better.

I've just had the liners out to dry after last weekend, and putting the liners on outside the boot, my toes are jammed up right at the end of the liner.

I'm wondering if the liner is maybe half a size too small, and could this be causing the issue?

What do people think?

If so, how much is a new liner? I'm due out in Geneva at the end of Jan, so could maybe get to Chamonix and get to a boot fitter there, which shop is smallzookeeper at?

regards,

Greg
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gregh, It will be really hard to mimic the ski boot position with the liner out of the shell, and your foot will be in a more natural position, occupying more space. It may simply be one small tight spot causing a loss of circulation. Maybe you could pm SMALLZOOKEEPER and get an appointment. BTW I'm not a bootfitter Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gregh, sounda a familiar story, depends on the model of zip fit, the older ones were short in the toe box, newer models much better, or it may be just here is not enough space in the toe box of your boot for that liner and your foot...modify shell

smallzookeeper is at footworks in cham sud just next to the midi cable car station assnowbunny, says you need to book an appointment Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
gregh, sounds like a perfect fit!
Are your toes still jammed up against the front when you have them in the boots and the boots done up?
What about when you flex forward?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WTFH,

It sounds perfect, and I can flex my toes when I flex forward, so I cannot work out how I get dead toes within an hour of having the boots on!

Looks like smallzookeeper fitted my wife's boots last Jan then....

regards,

Greg
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gregh, If you were wearing any other shoe/boot and got 'dead toes' what would you do? They sound tooooo tight to me.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gregh,

could just be a volume issue around the forefoot or in the calf, worth getting them checked out as a simple adujustment could solve the problem and make your skiing more fun Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yeh, cheers CEM, just need to find someone knowledgable for my end of Jan weekend, unless there are some great bootfitters in the UK?

I was thinking about it, on the 2nd and 3rd day of my pre-Xmas trip I loosened the buckles at lunchtime, and then they appeared fine in the afternoon.

A weird thought I had when I couldn't sleep recently - I wonder if they are an almost perfect fit, and after skiing a bit my foot is in the "perfect" position, hence if I undo and redo the buckles after a few runs they may be better???

Thoughts?

regards,

Greg
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gregh,
Quote:

just need to find someone knowledgable for my end of Jan weekend, unless there are some great bootfitters in the UK?

there are a few of us about, where are you based??
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hi CEM,

I'm in Leeds, travel a bit around the UK for my job though.....

regards,

greg
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gregh,

not many that i know of round there, are you anywhere near...
Newcastle- LD mountain centre
leamington Spa- Lockwoods
Bicester- Me @ Solutions 4 Feet
London- Profeet

hope this helps a little
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ta CEM, I may be down your way, I've sent you a PM.

regards,

greg
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy