Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets: where to head in low visibility?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm heading out to Les Gets with a group of decent intermediates on Friday night, skiing from Saturday morning.

Excited by the conditions and the forecast!

On the other hand, if it's still tipping solidly out of the sky on Saturday morning and there's no visibility, we may be a bit challenged at first, since we don't know the area at all. So, where in Les Gets or Morzine would you head for if it's whiting out? Can you suggest some nice tree-lined bits where we'll have a chance of seeing where we're going? We'll be starting from the bottom of the Perrieres express lift.

Related question: how black are the various blacks? I've heard it said that the ones down from La Rosta are on the gentler side and the ones on Mont Chery are more testing - does that sound right, and any useful advice about how they are at the moment?

Cheers,

Jim
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My memory of Morzine/les Gets is that there are a lot of tree lined runs, the upside of a lower altitude resort. I can't remember piste names but most of the lower pistes are well inter-linked and run through the trees. I loved Mt Chery....had some great fun on the ungroomed blacks after a huge snowfall. You should have a good time
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
All but the highest three or four hundred metres of les gets are treelined runs.

For the forecasted weather, you probably couldn't have chosen better if nice gentle wide runs with trees are your thing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agreed. Les Gets is very good for skiing below the tree line. Mont Chery probably best saved for a sunny day. The two blacks on Mont Chery were quite chopped up on Sunday with a fair amount of vegetation poking through, but shouldn't be a problem come this weekend (might still be quite chopped up!).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think I might be there doing a bit of chopping.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As above, there are plenty of beautiful tree lined runs in the Les Gets/Morzine area. In fact last year, when staying in Avoriaz, we headed to this area on the days when it was snowing.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@parigi, don't go to the very top of Mont Chery in a whiteout (La Pointe chair) Embarassed Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bar Bush Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy