Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D'isere advice needed - going on 31Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

Off to Val D'isere this weekend, staying centrally, and have a couple of questions for any snowHead snowHead who are/have been out there this season...

Best place to get a ski service?
ie someone who is not going to trash my skis, which has happened every time I've had them serviced in resort... I usually get mine serviced at Ski Bartlett but left it too late this year.

Is La Folie Douce still the best lively après? Any other recommendations?

Best value restaurant on the slopes?
Last time we were there (2010), on the last day we found a fab place in a bowl on the Val D side, quiet, good food and reasonably priced - gutted we hadn't found it sooner.

Anyone around that week and fancies a spot of off piste action (beacon, shovel & probe obligatory) with a couple of blokes whose egos write cheques their quads can't cash... then PM me.

Cheers

BB
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bumpty bump! Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Folie isn't my brand of Apres vodka so only visited briefly. Still the same - €7 for €3 of beer, unpleasantly loud beats, and the MCs keep calling everyone a "Motherf**ker" which isn't very polite. Once change is the new extension canopy over the VIP area which acts as a very effective sun screen to the punters deck, so it's a lot colder then I remember from last time... Personally, I prefer Cafe Face down in Val for some essential apres rehydration.

On the upside the canteen/restaurant at the Follie was very nice, but cheaper over at La Datcha, towards the Glacier.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Richard
Thanks for the reminder of Cafe Face - we were there last time too, much more civilised and where the locals hung out too IIRC.
We will still probably indulge in a spot of people watching at Folie whilst getting abused by the MC before heading back to town and chilled apres.
Cheers
BB
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
THREAD HIJACK ALERT!

Can anyone recommend a bar where I will find the Six Nations Rugby on TV? The Ireland v England game is on while I am there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Folie isn't my brand of Apres vodka so only visited briefly. Still the same - €7 for €3 of beer, unpleasantly loud beats, and the MCs keep calling everyone a "Motherf**ker" which isn't very polite.

Hmm. Not sure I am going to fit in there. Age not girth.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Richard_Sideways, that's ironic, seeing as they're run by the same crew. Chilled apes vibes in the Blue Note & Alexandra, the latter having a couple of decent pool tables.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Dr John, we go there because of the cheap beer and proximity to where we stay. Plus I've yet to be called a a motherf**ker by anyone there... Plus there was a fellow there accompanying the DJ on a cello, which was nice.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Richard_Sideways, I'm in agreement my friend. I like the escalating beer prices (are they still doing that?), but if you stick around there too long you get the FD crew coming off the hill and the whole place turns into Tw@t soup.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
For the cheapest on slope meals in Val try the Marmottes restaurant - by the lift of the same name in the Toviere valley or the Cascades in Le Fornet - run by the same people - good value fuel but nothing fancy - if that's what you want. The Aspen in Val Claret is also good as are the Croques at the Rosée Blanche in La daille.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Had good lunch a few weeks ago in the restaurant at the top of the Solaise, decent service and food, sensible prices.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Dr John, Normally back at the hotel by then, but yes the beer escalator is still running...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Folie Douce is awesome! I love it.

There's a new apres bar which looks good called Cocorico. It's near the nursery slopes.

Moris pub in town is great (live music) and if you want a late one it has to be Dick's T Bar!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm with @HoneyBunny, dicks t bar is great. Beer pong at the end of the day! We actually didn't make it to the folie when we were there but it still looked good. Cocorico had some good apres music on and Cafe Face was good for drinks and snacks with prices on a sliding scale.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@HoneyBunny, that's the old Banana Bar (I think), risen pheonix-like from the ashes.
snow report
The Folie Douce looks really really bad.I like lively bars and clubs etc but it just looks really corny.Dance music for people that don't like Dance music like David Guetta and Swedish House Mafia.Anywhere that has idiot's constantly shouting over microphones is a no no.
ski holidays
Mike-H wrote:
THREAD HIJACK ALERT!

Can anyone recommend a bar where I will find the Six Nations Rugby on TV? The Ireland v England game is on while I am there.

I would imagine the Pacific
latest report
@FullyTucked, You either love it or hate it. I love it, and I love Swedish House Mafia!!

It's the best apres place ever! (And I'm in Ischgl right now!)
snow conditions
Mike-H wrote:
THREAD HIJACK ALERT!

XV on the main street. As you might guess from the name they are quite keen on rugby, but you won't get a look in if there is a French game Very Happy

It's a couple of hundred metres from the roundabout in the centre of town heading towards La Daille on the RHS, quite small timber frontage.
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, @ianwal, Thank you. I will head to either of those bars on Sunday 1 March and see if we can get in. Hopefully everyone else will be in Folie. Very Happy
latest report
FullyTucked wrote:
....Anywhere that has idiot's constantly shouting over microphones is a no no.

Agree if you love the music then love it and just enjoy it, don't shout over it.... Tiesto et al hardly call everyone MotherFu**ers every 10 seconds...
ski holidays
they do it in Megeve too.............but obviously a brand that works.....it was heaving and cash tills doing ten to the dozen.....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy