Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year - with trees! where?

Poster: A snowHead
We were in Obergurgl this new year and loved Austria, the little huts and the prices! People were lovely too.

However I didn't like the open skiing, I worry I'm going to slide off the mountain! I much prefer tree lined slopes.

I like blues and nice reds, not narrow.

Quite demanding I know, but any suggestions for a good New Year spot? We've got children so not bothered about apres ski but we like a nice lunch on the slopes....

We enjoyed Montgenevre but there isn't much on the mountain.

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@RosieL, you probably had MUCH better snow in Obergurgl, up high, than you'd have had in cosy places nestled down in the trees. Nowhere is perfect!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I sympathise, though - I don't like high, bleak, places either.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Trees = low and New Years is early so it's always going to be a gamble. Most of the villages in PDS have nice tree lined runs. The runs down into Morgins are particularly lovely. Same with Les Coches in Paradiski.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maybe Zellamsee would suit you , snow maybe not as good but there has been plenty for us .and we have gone for NY for the last ten years .
snowHead snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Peisey Vallandry is the best place I can think of that fits your criteria.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@RosieL, Paisey Vallandry? Lenzerheide? Neither in Austria but both sure have trees...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks! Lots of places to look at. I know it's tricky at New Year..... I had heard of some resorts, particularly Austria, being more snow-sure even at lower altitudes. What about Lech?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@RosieL, Sportwelt Amadé was almost fully open this Christmas and we skied between the trees most of the time I was based in Altenmarkt but there are plenty of locations where you don't need your own transport. I believe at least one UK Tour operator goes to St Johann-Alpendorf and uses the Hotel Rot Hirsch (used to be called the Pichler after the family that own it)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@RosieL, Lech is lovely and would a great New Year choice but - guess what - no trees! Laughing But it's so nice you might forget about that. The Gotthard hotel is excellent should you go there
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Specifically within Sportwelt Amadé then Schladming. Lots of trees and usually lots of snow early season. Great mountain restaurants and lots and lots of reds and blues. Some of the hotels are excellent for kids but even if you stay elsewhere then the village swimming pool is excellent for an after ski visit with water slides etc as is the tobogganing on the Hochwurzen in the evening.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lech looks like it might break the bank, even if i do manage to get any availability! I'll maybe need to keep that one for a future Easter trip....

Zellamsee looks lovely - very low though. I'll look into the SportWelt area, Schladming and St J-A.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@RosieL,

Madonna di Campiglio maybe worth a look.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+1 for Vallandry
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@RosieL, NY was fantastic at Zell am See this year - plenty of snow :]
latest report
+1 for Les Coches
snow report
Sauze D'oulx

Courchevel (but particularly La Tania, Le Praz)

Megeve / St Gervais
snow conditions
RosieL wrote:
However I didn't like the open skiing, I worry I'm going to slide off the mountain! I much prefer tree lined slopes.

I like blues and nice reds, not narrow.

Quite demanding I know, but any suggestions for a good New Year spot? We've got children so not bothered about apres ski but we like a nice lunch on the slopes....

Folgarida which is right in the centre of the Dolomites National Park Forest. Lots of easy wide open blues and reds, lots of trees and lots of cafes (maybe too many cafes)
snow report
@jedster, +1 for sauze - check out the video of Red 29 on sauzeonline (google it)
ski holidays
snowymum wrote:
Peisey Vallandry is the best place I can think of that fits your criteria.

Agreed and there are lovely cruising runs through them as well as little cut throughs for fun. Usually quiet as well as everyone heads over to Arc bowl
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy