Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynafit mountings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a new set of touring skis and dynafit bindings. I've previously only used fritsche frame bindings so new to tech bindings.
I was thinking of buying from an online shop in germany, (echange rate at the moment makes them a good deal) they also offer a mounting service free of charge.

My question is can the dynafit bindings be accurately mounted without my ski boots or does it need to be done with my ski boots on the bindings?
I've read that the gap between boot heal and binding is critical 5.5mm so I would have thought that this needs to be measured against my boot, or are boots of sufficient standard sizes that this isnt a problem?

Many thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I got mine mounted in a shop, and they still managed to set them too close together. Cue much faffing with a screwdriver at the top of Lampsenspitz in bloody cold wind last weekend...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you give them your boot size and type they should be able to do it for you. Alternatively just buy them un-mounted and take them to a ski shop here in the uk. For example Breamar Mountain Sports charge £30 for it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Indy, Your boot is required for the final set-up which is not just the boot/heel gap but also to ensure correct toe/heel alignment when in skinning mode. And, if they're the ST/FT model, they should also ideally be mounted with the heel binding moved forward to ensure that the brake chassis doesn't cover the screw heads - this is really handy if you want to retrofit Quiver Killer inserts in the future.

I charge £25 for conventional mounting if you've not bought the skis/bindings from me but it's foc if I supply either/both of 'em. And I'd also be pleased quote for everything for you Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy