Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private ski lessons in La Villa, Italy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're an intermediate group looking to arrange a few private lessons in La Villa in March. We've had quotes from the national Scuola La Villa (blue jackets) and the independent Ski Dolomites (red jackets) and there doesn't seem to be much to chose between them. My gut reaction is to go for the independents as they seem in general to be a bit younger so probably more up to date with teaching methods and the English on their website/FB page/emails is pretty much flawless. Before we commit though I wondered if any other SHs had any thoughts please?
Also if anyone wants to chip in with any general advice or recommendations for La Villa and the area (we're staying at Al Pigher) then that would be great too.
Many thanks.
Helen
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi ,
Have been skiing from St Kassian this week (next to La Villa) and had a great time . From La Villa you have access to a wide range of skiing for all abilities. The main lift at La Villa goes up to the start of the Gran Risa
which is a steep black (keep left) with a red option too. You can also do the Sella Ronda or WW1 ski tour (All day) . You can get either an Alta Badia ski pass which just covers the local area (€42 this week) or a Dolomitti Super Ski pass which covers the whole of the Dolomites (€47 this week) .....If you are going before 15 March the prices will be about €6 per day more for both.

With respect to ski-schools I think the standard in Italy is high as all the instructors have to pass at a higher level ( than in Austria for example to be able to teach) and retake an exam every year to maintain their licence.
We had a complete beginner in our group who had 1.5hours lessons for 4 days with the Schola di ski Dolomites (St Kassian) and was very pleased and progressed very well so I doubt there will be much difference between the two La Villa schools .
Sorry don't have any tips about La Villa itself.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Really appreciate you taking the time to reply@brnttptr. Glad you had a great time. The school your beginner used is the same ski school (just a different branch) as the one I called Ski Dolomites, so that sounds promising, but great to hear that the standard should be high regardless.

Wish the ski passes were going to be that sort of price when we go - the Super Ski pass would be over £200 for 6 days! Unless you know somewhere else to buy them other than http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/ski-pass/prices? If so, please share!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oops, just realised those prices must have been per day Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No problem ! The ski passes will be cheaper now that the Pound has strengthened so much against the Euro in the past week!

I forgot to mention one of our favourite family run huts is La Fraina which is not too far from the top lift at La Villa (ski down to it from La Brancia on Blue 19
and its on the right ) n.b. not shown very accurately on ski map.

Hope you enjoy your Dolomites trip as much as we always do .
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks @brnttptr, fingers crossed! Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy