Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stopover near Arras/Lille?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm planning our travel arrangements to Chamonix at Easter and am thinking about a stopover somewhere near Lille. We'll probably use the ferry to Dunkerque. We usually travel further (Reims etc) but it might be nice to stop earlier in the evening and have a mouch round somewhere. Any suggestions for somewhere in the Arras / Lille area? Must have a cheap hotel nearby - like an F1.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We stopped in Lille itself on the return journey at New Year. Lovely city, cheap parking, nice architecture and very friendly.
I booked via laterooms in the Hotel Carlton. It wasn't F1 I agee, but given its history, was very worth checking out! (€115/night)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We,ve got a hotel booked in Arrasfor our drive down to the Alps at half term. I've booked a hotel B&B which is a relatively newish chain in France. (B&B is the name rather than B&B as we know it). They do family rooms for 4 which we never seem to be able to find in the other budget type hotels easily. think it was 90 Euros for the night including breakfast for 4 of us. We stayed in one In Salon de Provence in the summer and it was absolutely fine
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Vieux Lille can be a bit lairy some weekends at night, especially if there's been a football match on, but is a great town. Arras is lovely too and quieter. There are loads of places to stay in and around. Have a look on booking.com for choices
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Holiday Inn Express in Arras is very good. Underground secure car park and you can walk to restaurants etc. Usually around £75 per night. We've had a family room for that money previously that took all 5 of us and includes a nice breakfast.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy