Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been to Montgenevre?

Poster: A snowHead
Just wondered if anyone has been and any tips and advice would be greatful. Going March 22nd also booking children in to Apeaks ski school.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, loved it! Great family resort. What do you want to know? We did ski school with Apeak and they were pretty good.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great resort - been a couple of times and loved it Smile
A Peak are excellent, for kids and adults.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
One of my favourite resorts - I'm sure you'll have a good time and it shouldn't be that busy that week. snowHead Where are you staying?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Linnylou26, yes we have been a few times and stayed in mmv apartment. Really resort and you can ski in out just about from these apartments, even at Easter.
We used a peak private instructors and they were excellent and spoke brilliant English.
You should have a great time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ps that message should have said great resort.
Tips, if driving and self catering stock up on the way. Supermarkets tiny.
Lovely long red, one of our faves, and skiing varied and v enjoyable.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank You. Really looking forward to it we went to Flaine for New Year and wasn't overly impressed with the runs. Looking forward to some nice long runs to do with the children.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
motherof3 -which was the lovely long red? Thanks!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@RosieL, there are a few lovely long reds in Monty, I loved the following:

Top of Rocher de l'Aigle lift - run called "Soureou"
Top of Les Gondrans lift - run called "Les Pres"
The various reds / blacks of the top of the Prarail lift (runs into the town)
The 2 reds off the top of the Chalvet lift (other side of the resort.

All of those are excellent if open!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are some lovely reds in Claviere too.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowymum wrote:
There are some lovely reds in Claviere too.

+1 - though there are also a few flat bits you need to be aware of, or you'll have aching triceps!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Linnylou26 wrote:
Just wondered if anyone has been and any tips and advice would be greatful. Going March 22nd also booking children in to Apeaks ski school.

Depending on how old your kids are then as far as I can remember Apeak Young kids lessons were in the afternoon and by that time my 5 year old was worn out from all the sledging ect so we swopped him to the esf morning lessons and he did very well with them.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gad wrote:
Linnylou26 wrote:

Depending on how old your kids are then as far as I can remember Apeak Young kids lessons were in the afternoon and by that time my 5 year old was worn out from all the sledging ect so we swopped him to the esf morning lessons and he did very well with them.

They are 10 and 7 Looking at the website they seem to do group lessons in morning.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Linnylou26, My children did Apeak lessons when they were younger (5 and 7). We went the same week you are going ie. one week before the main school Easter holiday. We had no problem booking morning lessons that year but when we returned two years later in a busier week they were already fully booked and only offered us afternoon lessons so we went with ESF instead.

I would therefore suggest contacting Apeak now if you are keen to have morning lessons and haven't yet booked.

We loved both our trips to Montgenevre and the second time went back with a group of friends, who then booked further holidays in Montgenevre themselves they liked the resort so much. I love the fact you can ski over to Italy for the morning and then nip back to France in time for ski school pick up. There are some great cruisy runs above and within the tree line. There is some easy off piste in the Gondrans area and also a snowpark which my kids loved. It is pretty snow sure on the north facing side. The week you are going should be early enough for the south facing slopes to be open as well. There is a long blue called the Pharoh on that side which is one of my favourites.

We travelled by train and found the local supermarket (deli in Hameau de l'obelisque) sufficient. If you are driving through the frejus tunnel I don't know if there is a large supermarket on the way. I haven't noticed one when we have travelled up from the Italian side.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@snowymum, thank you. I have tried to book online but no response yet. It does look good. We did Flaine at new year and found we stick to same runs as not much opend lookingbforward to having some space to gain confidence.
snow conditions
Try Viktor at apeakskisnowboard@hotmail.com. Great ski school. Great resort, you'll love it.
ski holidays
volfy wrote:
Try Viktor at apeakskisnowboard@hotmail.com. Great ski school. Great resort, you'll love it.
thank you we have been dealing with Viktor and children booked in. Getting excite now just hope for more snow.
latest report
Linnylou26 wrote:
@snowymum, thank you. I have tried to book online but no response yet. It does look good. We did Flaine at new year and found we stick to same runs as not much opend lookingbforward to having some space to gain confidence.

I really love the Grand Massif but we went there in April a couple of years ago and were really lucky to have empty slopes and amazing snow conditions. We were based in Les Carroz and my favourite slopes are there although I do enjoy spending a bit of time in Flaine too. It sounds as though conditions weren't so good in the Grand Massif at the start of this season and I've heard that it gets very busy there at New Year which would not have helped.

Hopefully you will have good snow conditions when you go to Montgenevre and enjoy it there. Glad to see you have managed to book the Apeak ski lessons. I'm not sure if they still do it but when my children did Apeak lessons they used to have a Yeti hunt on the last day snowHead
snow report
@snowymum. Yes on Friday there is still a Yeti hunt. Where did you stay we are in the Le Hameau Des Airelles apartments. Do you know if they are close to the ski school meeting point?
snow report
@Linnylou26, We have stayed twice in Le Hameau des Airelles and really liked the apartments. I'm not sure if things have changed since our last visit but when we were there only the ESF had a meeting point next to Le Hameau des Airelles. Apeak used to meet at the front de neige in the centre of the village.

If Apeak meeting point is still there you can ski down an easy blue, up one lift and down to the ski school meeting point (subject to lifts being open in time). Alternatively there used to be a regular bus that stopped at le hameau and took you to the Apeak meeting point. Don't be put off by the bus issue. We are usually ski to and from the door types but soon got used to using it the odd time. You can ski pretty much to and from the door at Le Hameau but it isn't always the most convenient option for ski school.

Once you are out of ski boots it is a ten minute walk to the resort centre. Not so much fun in ski boots!
snow report
Anyone stayed at Hotel Anova?

Looking at it just now for the same week in March!

Been to Monte once before and loved it.
snow report
Good thread. We're off to MontyG at Half Term with Peak Retreats. Smile
ski holidays
Yes, and I loved it. Theres a really nice vibe in resort due to the mix of Nationalities as youre next to the Italian border. We loved skiing over in Italy - the hot choc was the best my daughter had ever tasted. We used Apeak for the kids lessons and they were good - and the Yeti hunt fun on the Friday. I liked how lots of easy runs came back into the resort centre - good for my 7 year old. We went last New Year. We stayed in the Chalet Des Dolines, really nice accommodation. Deffo go back.
ski holidays
dave_wick wrote:
Anyone stayed at Hotel Anova?

Looking at it just now for the same week in March!

Been to Monte once before and loved it.

Not stayed there, but the other half had a massage in their spa one year when her legs had died!
The place seemed VERY nice indeed!!
snow report
Cracking runs in montgenevre but pricey mountain huts.

Did my scariest run to date there when going over the top on the tetras black run. Scary start that just got worse with ice and giant moguls. Was delighted to get down and well chuffed with myself
ski holidays
Linnylou26 wrote:

What sort of conditions you planning for?

Im a bit worryied about going so late in the month of March.
snow conditions
Went late March last year, luckily they'd had a dump of snow the week before as the snow depths online were way more than reality.
Got slushy later afternoon as you'd expect due to spring conditions and homecoming runs but I'd go back again. Especially loved going over to Italy.
By the time we cam home lots of bare ground and runs getting closed so any later and it wouldn't have been very good. But I think we were a week later than you are going anyway.
snow report
I went 15.3 last year and loads of snow although was soft in afternoon
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy