Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on Atomic R9 skis/ski length needed please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone.

I'm in a group of intermediate-advanced skiers, soon to be enjoying the French Alps. We have all decided to buy our own gear 2nd hand rather than hire as it'll be cheaper, last us a few years, and we're also after gear of a higher quality.
My job to do the finding...not because I know more, because everyone else is convinced I do. Flattery will get them ski gear rolling eyes

Will Atomic R9 skis at a length of 170 for a solid intermediate male, ave weight, 6ft?

I thought they might be a little short, but having done some research online, I'm under the impression having a shorter R9 170 will just make it faster and easier to turn at his height...and he's intermediate-a bit advanced.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Chapelski.

Cool
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@chapelski,

that is a pretty old ski now isn't it? what are you paying? I bough a pair of 2nd hand Atomic REX's 7 years ago for £40. That was a higher end ski than the R9.
I'd be a be sceptical about buying skis that old.
I used to own some Atomic R9.22 which was renamed the R9. I liked them a lot 10-15 years ago. I'm 5'9 average weight but a stronger skier. I skied 180. I think the length would be OK for your mate.
Seriously though, the ski is quite skinny and not as shaped as a modern intermediate/advanced ski. I'd spend a bit more.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I sold a pair of 9.22s for about £40 7 years ago, but not to @jedster.
I then randomly found myself on a trip a couple of years later with the guy who bought them and frankly they weren't helping him.
Anyway, a lot of people liked them at the time but I never really got on with them; not sure what your budget is but I'd think you could get something much more modern for £150 if you keep an eye on ebay and maybe shop off season. You might even get something new for that price:

https://www.ekosport.fr/c2-skis/r155-ski-nu/f32-homme---mixte.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have a pair of 170 Atomic SX11s (bought from @Arno, Laughing ) that you can have for £60* + postage (from Austria) if you want? No idea how suitable they'd be - I think I only actually skied them once!

*I think that's a fair price? Not sure how old they are, but at least 5 years I think?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks everyone, yep, they are mega cheap...not sure how cheap without checking, but I had no idea they were quite that old. Thank you for the help. I have Fischer Mavens... very happy with them for all mountain, and for messing about. I'll have a look at the R11, thanks!
While I'm here, any views on the Atomic Nomad Intruder, and the Rossignol T-Power Cobra STX? They have been suggested, whereas the R9 was a thought punt really....

Just incase you guys know everything about everything!? Advice is so helpful. thanks so so much...and I will have a look/think about those R11's.

Chapelski
Confused
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@clarky999, half tempted to buy them back from you!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They are 11 or 12 years old by the way! Still a great ski, or at least they were when I sold them to you Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Arno, wow didn't realise they were that old! Still in great condition wink

If you would like them back let me know - I've got about 8 pairs of skis cluttering the place so really should get rid of some!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@clarky999, on a serious note, I need to make some space in my ski cupboard too
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy