Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SKI EDIT!!! ------- 2nd edit from St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/NzidAuiO8TE

This is my second edit from my recent ski trip in Austria.

my other vid is attached here -----

http://youtube.com/v/9mN3TsEmrcs

let me know which one you prefer and why

cheers
Nath
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Second edit, flows better. Good job.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
^ this. Nice footage
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another super edit. Even more jealous of the snow you had Smile. I'll just have to back when it's white

You know, some of those camera angles could be really helpful for teaching people - you can never learn what your skis and knees are doing through a turn by standing still and being told, or watching an instructor 30 feet away. But the camera angles looking down as you go through a turn are very visual.

Excellent job - very enjoyable. Good choice and use of the soundtrack
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@antsa1 @Timberwolf @sev112 thank you all very much 😀
Could you all do me a massive favour and share share share?! Would help me out a lot...
Also It means a lot to get some positive feedback rather than some of the trolling I've been getting...

Quote:

ansta1
Second edit, flows better. Good job.   

You mean the one with blame or heroes as soundtrack flows better?

Quote:

Another super edit. Even more jealous of the snow you had . I'll just have to back when it's white

You know, some of those camera angles could be really helpful for teaching people - you can never learn what your skis and knees are doing through a turn by standing still and being told, or watching an instructor 30 feet away. But the camera angles looking down as you go through a turn are very visual.

Excellent job - very enjoyable. Good choice and use of the soundtrack

You're so right about that using for teaching, has helped me I know (although you'd probably disagree!) haha
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@nolooney1997, the blame soundtrack video. Some nice shots, some nice cuts, not too much of the same boring pov stuff, like some of the throwing and passing the camera bits.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just watched the second and have to say one of the best Pov video's I have seen.
Good stuff!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chattonmill wrote:
Just watched the second and have to say one of the best Pov video's I have seen.
Good stuff!

Thanks mate, please help me out and share the video if you think it's that good 😃
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nice work, I enjoyed them both, some very inventive camera work, liked the variation of slow/accelerated motion, the interesting angles, the contrast between moving and static camera, the 360 pole spinning, passing/throwing the pole around...and of course the sunshine plus powder conditions!! snowHead

The 2nd edit is more mellow and flowing, the original edit contains more of the inventive camera work...if I had to choose, it would be the original because of the technical aspects.

BTW, how did you get both Jimmy Carr and Alan Carr to agree to being filmed skiing?? wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Both vids blocked in Germany due to their archaic antiquated laws on music rights.

Time to fire up the proxy and flick V's at rules...

edit: pretty good vids though. good to see some different angles and stuff rather than just fpv and a sound track.
need to try to find that vid from one of the Swiss pro video guys that does MTB vids - was kind of a guide / rulebook of how to make it tell a story and flow. just wondering if that would adapt to skiing.
How to Make a Mountain Bike Film from Filme von Draussen
http://vimeo.com/88627743 (that'll be it)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
luigi wrote:
Nice work, I enjoyed them both, some very inventive camera work, liked the variation of slow/accelerated motion, the interesting angles, the contrast between moving and static camera, the 360 pole spinning, passing/throwing the pole around...and of course the sunshine plus powder conditions!! snowHead

The 2nd edit is more mellow and flowing, the original edit contains more of the inventive camera work...if I had to choose, it would be the original because of the technical aspects.

BTW, how did you get both Jimmy Carr and Alan Carr to agree to being filmed skiing?? wink

Thanks mate that's what I was going for! I should be impartial but I do agree with you.
Please share wherever possible. Help me get as many likes as pos and get as many opinions as pos!

Stroke of genius on my part, great negotiation skills (and pay off in return for appearances) 😉
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andy wrote:
Both vids blocked in Germany due to their archaic antiquated laws on music rights.

Time to fire up the proxy and flick V's at rules...

edit: pretty good vids though. good to see some different angles and stuff rather than just fpv and a sound track.
need to try to find that vid from one of the Swiss pro video guys that does MTB vids - was kind of a guide / rulebook of how to make it tell a story and flow. just wondering if that would adapt to skiing.
How to Make a Mountain Bike Film from Filme von Draussen
http://vimeo.com/88627743 (that'll be it)

I don't see why you couldn't adapt it. Only thing is with summer sports, there are more textures to focus on etc... Like close ups of the twigs and leaves. In winter it's harder to find lots of very unique and varied angles and close up shots. I'm eager to give it a go however. Could be tough with my gopro which has no zoom though 😫
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ok mate. We do not need multiple threads on your
Ski movie career..

You done well got feedback & advice.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy