Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cross-country skiing - and biathlon - become boom spectator sports in Norway

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Norwegians love watching competitive cross-country skiing, and biathlon - the combination of skiing with shooting.

The popularity of the two sports has overcome football, rally car racing ... and downhill skiing.

This report from Aftenposten.

Are the Norwegians right?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, I'm hooked on Eurosport coverage, even more so since I tried cross country (classic and skating) in Font Romeu for a week last year and can appreciate the skills involved. The cross country team sprints last weekend near Calgary were incredible to watch, but biathlon has to be my favourite as the result is always in doubt, even after the last shooting. I get withdrawal symptoms once the season ends.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
watching the massive cross country annual race in Les Saisies is fantastic - every standard, from world class champions down to whole families with small kids, with courses for all levels. The finish is up the village main street, they bus in enough snow to cover the road and send the traffic on a diversion. The atmosphere is wonderful, the finish lasts a few hours, there are hundreds and hundreds of competitors and the place full of fantastic bodies in Lycra. One of the liaison pistes between Les Saisies and Crest Voland crosses one of the nordic pistes used for the race. I waited at the side to cross without inconveniencing any of the athletes skating fast up a gentle incline towards me - it was like trying to cross the M6 on foot. Impressive. Because they are racing against each other, and over a long period of time, the whole spectacle lasts a lot longer than a quick flash of a downhill racer at XXXX kph.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Off to Norway in the morning (oh happy days!). May catch a race or try it myself, if my fitness permits. If not sliding downhill will be on the cards. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy