Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Leysin skiing with kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to Leysin this weekend with my kids and, having not skied there for a few years I need some advice on where to go.

They're both young, 4 and 7, and at a very basic level where they're too good for nursery slopes but are often challenged by sections of what Switzerland calls blue runs. I'm also looking for uncrowded pistes as, having been taken out a couple of years ago by an out of control skier, I really don't want the same to happen to them as they don't carry the same level of lardarsed protection as me.

I remember that the Fers area has a couple of blues and the area quite tucked away, so likely to be quiet, but I can't remember if the blue pistes to get there from the top of the chair at Tete d'Ai are easy enough. I think it's also possible to drive from Leysin and park close to the bottom of the Solepraz chair at Fers.

Thanks in advance

SB
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I LOVE Leysin, not been since 1988, though. Every season I get the free days out pass with the PdS pass, and every year I promise mtself I will go to Leysin (I only live 1h45 away FGS), but every year I am a dick, and end up going to Cham, Verbier, Flaine etc.... with my days out passes.
Please report back on your return, as I would love to hear that is still Fab!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Will be there on Saturday with the nipper and ski club - be aware that it was fairly icy up top there the weekend before last, the blue from the gondola at berneuse was icy as you like - but from tete d'ai and fers side, you should be fine. I'd imagine it'll be fairly empty also, enjoy!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Leysin was my first ski holiday about 35 years ago. All I can remember was that it was great fun Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Same here school trip....great memory's...start of a addiction.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SPILLY67 wrote:
Same here school trip....great memory's...start of a addiction.

Ambassador Hotel ? Top Pub ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry. Only saw this post today. I live in Leysin so if you have any questions let me know. The snow is amazing at the moment.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@garyscott20, What are the best cruising runs for a confident intermediate / is there a good itinerary to cover resort in 1 day?😇😇 snowHead thanks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy