Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Mojo - Review Jan 2015 - Updated March 16th

Poster: A snowHead
Having rehabbed from my fractured tibial plateau, ruptured meniscus and stretched MCL from July - Nov 2013, I skied all of the 13-14 season (5 weeks) with a giant CTi brace. I was skiing really well (for me) and didn't really suffer any after effects apart from the first week at the end of November where I overdid it (skiing and apres). I have continued with rehab ever since the injury, still going to regular physio and the gym, but a meniscus flare up in August (couldn't walk, never mind exercise) a car accident in September (couldn't exercise for some weeks) then 6 weeks of travelling worldwide in the Autumn eating too much and not exercising enough meant I went into this season 1 stone heavier and definitely not as fit both generally and with my knee rehab.

I have felt that my knee has suffered - it's getting stiff, sore and stinging. Nevertheless I skied at the end of November with the brace but after 3 days had to stop - no great loss as it was opening weekend in Val d'Isere with only the glaciers open, but my knee had swollen and the bottom half of my leg felt it didn't belong to the top half. Fast forward to my second week this season, last week in Flachau - I felt I needed to protect my knee.

I went to Edge and Wax to get a mojo fitted. I got the 2015 model which has a fitment attached to the boot rather than a clamp other than that I don't know whats different to the 2014 model. Scott fitted it over the knee brace but it was a right faff and took an hour. The problem was getting the mojo to engage on my injured leg - it's not quite at 100% extension. Once we got it working, through adjustments to the length of the mojo and some fiddling out the back of the shop I was good to go.

Pros
-fairly comfortable to wear
-can drive when disengaged and detached from the boot
-no real need to disengage when on the lift
-I could tell that the mojo was taking some of the pressure

cons
-it's a right faff
-the harness that goes round under your butt is far too big for me (size 14), I'm going to have to do some sewing to make it shorter otherwise it bunches up.
-I really struggled with one of the (heavy duty) poppers at the top of the mojo (it popped open a couple of times when skiing so I had to pull my ski pants down on the piste to get it back on!. I had to get a man to pop it on sometimes - I'm getting granny fingers so how do people with proper arthritis manage?
-the carbon tube on the mojo (injured leg) kept slipping off the spring and clip attached to the boot while I was skiing - turns out that it's meant to be glued in but a few may have been missed in assembly - I can send it back or glue it in myself. Advice was also to lengthen the mojo - I had thought it a bit short but that was the only way we could get it to engage in the shop.
- trying to get it back onto the boot was difficult due to the position (back of the boot) and again I had to get a man to do it.
- I could never get the mojo on the injured leg engaged without pushing it back manually, not a big deal once I got used to it, but on the good leg all all you have to do is "flick" your leg
- you really have to plan when you want to go to the loo (girl) - by the time you've pulled your ski pants down, unpopped the (stiff poppers), loosened the harness, pulled it down far enough so you can get your thermals and knickers down you might be cutting it fine!

overall
Did it do any good? I'm not 100% convinced. My knee is killing me now, I'm limping and am struggling with the stairs, and I was really only pootling about last week. The big question I suppose it how would it have been without the mojo?

I have 6 weeks to lose a stone and get my rehab sorted before I go to Whistler. I've spent £400 on the mojo so I'm not giving up on it but depending on how I feel I'll ski with it and without and see if I can feel a difference

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 16-03-15 21:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You've really been in the wars these last few months. Sad I hope your plan of campaign for the next 6 weeks is successful and that you go to Whistler feeling strong and free from pain.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@holidayloverxx, oh dear I really feel for you, especially after all the hard work you have been putting in.

Thanks so much for the review. A ski mojo is something that I have also considered and this is good to read. Do they not do different sizes of harness? That seems rather silly as I am a size 12.

Best of luck with your Physio and you weight loss plans, are you going back on 5:2?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@NickyJ, Not they don't do different size harness; I'm going to suggest it. I was never on 5:2, I do calorie controlled. My head is in the right place for it so I'll be back to a size 12 before whistler
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As I mentioned in other posts Mrs B is recovering from a hip replacement and has managed to ski very well this week but gets very tired very quickly. A Ski Mojo has been suggested by a convert which we may consider but I am put off by a £400 device which is difficult to fit and use. It seems to me that all the fiddling in the shop and poor assembly speaks for itself.

Thank you for the review.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@holidayloverxx, ah sorry for some reason I convinced myself you were. Best of luck!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Basil, I would be very cautious about using it with a hip replacement. All the forces seem to go from the ski boots and up to the hip. I would cgeck first.

I'm conscious that many here have had great experiences with the mojo. I'm hoping that when ive fixed the clip and adjusted the length I'll get more benefit
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Mine obviously has a much greater spring and I can barely bend the mojo without disconnecting
Quote:

-it's a right faff
It does get easier with practice
Quote:

- I could never get the mojo on the injured leg engaged without pushing it back manually, not a big deal once I got used to it, but on the good leg all all you have to do is "flick" your leg
Sounds like you can't quite straighten the injured leg. It can be adjusted so that the leg does not have to be quite as straight and thus engages easier
Quote:

- you really have to plan when you want to go to the loo (girl) - by the time you've pulled your ski pants down, unpopped the (stiff poppers), loosened the harness, pulled it down far enough so you can get your thermals and knickers down you might be cutting it fine!
Sympathies on this one, I can see that being a right pain
Quote:

It can be adjusted to give more assistance - I have my heavy duty one cranked to the max Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Basil, I would be very cautious about using it with a hip replacement. All the forces seem to go from the ski boots and up to the hip. I would cgeck first.

I'm conscious that many here have had great experiences with the mojo. I'm hoping that when i've fixed the clip and adjusted the length I'll get more benefit
The Mojo provide support under the butt cheeks. I know that when my hip is aching I can rest my butt cheeks on a ledge, or whatever, and the pain goes away. The mojo acts like a seat.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Frosty the Snowman, it was adjusted to take non straight leg into account but that wad engaging on a hard floor.not so easy in snow. It's not an issue to engage it manually.

I can crank it up further and might well do...its not that easy on a lift but once it's engaged I would rather not disengage...but then I suppose I dont get the fulk benefit even though it is set exactly to my weight
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hmmm, I've been using my mojo for the last 5 years and could not ski without it. I had version 1 and am now on version 4 I think. I can't see it being very good for someone with a hip replacement as the weight is still going to be on that joint, but it's great for knackered knees. Very Happy Yes the loo business is a right faff, my first question in resort is always "where are the nearest loos!" Shocked Stick with it, I'm sure it will help you and good luck in Whistler.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@holidayloverxx, sorry to hear you are still having such major problems after all the months of really hard work you've put in. Sad I have my OH's mojo, but for the reasons you set out, have not yet felt like trying it out. My knee will not stand days of hard skiing, but then it rarely has to.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@bev bish, Have to disagree on the hip thing as the body weight is transferred to the @rse cheeks by the Mojo instead of through the femoral head. Difficult to explain but easy to understand if you have a knackered hip.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have only used my Mojo once so far, but have had the same problem with engaging the spring on one leg. My right knee is several degrees out of alignment and consequently prone to aches and injuries. It took some fiddling at Edge and Wax to get the spring to engage, but we finally managed it. However, it is not so easy on snow and I often have to push the spring manually to get it to engage. I have also had the poppers coming undone and have had ski without the Mojo engaged until I find a loo.

I have to disengage it on the lifts, otherwise your legs stick out and you can't rest your skis on the foot bar!

It takes a bit of getting used to, but is quite easy once you have the hang of it. I do not find the belt too big (I'm size 12), but it does tend to slip down and I have to pull it up when we have a pit-stop. Going to the loo with it on is definitely a challenge - the boys have the advantage there!

Although the Mojo definitely takes some of the pressure off my knees, it is not a miracle cure and I still have to wear knee braces with it. Nevertheless, I would persevere with it if I were you.

Enjoy Whistler. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
@bev bish, Have to disagree on the hip thing as the body weight is transferred to the @rse cheeks by the Mojo instead of through the femoral head. Difficult to explain but easy to understand if you have a knackered hip.

I'm happy to take your word for it as a hip sufferer
ski holidays
Re not disengaging on the lifts... My legs do stick out a bit if I don't bend my knees. That leads me to think it's hard work keeping the knees bent when there's no force going through the mojo - maybe therein lies the problem! Scott at Edge and Wax saif that men generally crank the setting up top the max when it's not necessary. Mine is set to my weight...but I am tempted to crank it up a bit, or leave it where it is when I have lost the stone

@FionaG, I can't be arsed with the faff of finding a loo when the popper comes undone, just pull the ski pants down a bit at the side of the piste - I don't suppose anyone cares much. I also found the straps slipped down a bit but I've tightened it up so much that's why the belt is bunching. I'll get my sewing kit out
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:

Pros
-fairly comfortable to wear
-can drive when disengaged and detached from the boot

cons
-it's a right faff
-the harness that goes round under your butt is far too big for me (size 14), I'm going to have to do some sewing to make it shorter otherwise it bunches up.
-I really struggled with one of the (heavy duty) poppers at the top of the mojo (it popped open a couple of times when skiing so I had to pull my ski pants down on the piste to get it back on!. I had to get a man to pop it on sometimes - I'm getting granny fingers so how do people with proper arthritis manage?
-the carbon tube on the mojo (injured leg) kept slipping off the spring and clip attached to the boot while I was skiing - turns out that it's meant to be glued in but a few may have been missed in assembly - I can send it back or glue it in myself. Advice was also to lengthen the mojo - I had thought it a bit short but that was the only way we could get it to engage in the shop.
- trying to get it back onto the boot was difficult due to the position (back of the boot) and again I had to get a man to do it.

Hi, awesome review holidayloverxx, I am going to reply to the above to try and assist based on my personal experience and use of the system last week in the Alps benchmarking against the previous model. BUT please note, we are so busy that I cannot live on Snowheads Very Happy Honestly don't know how other shops do this time of year (I need a Snowheads assistant maybe?!) I literally pop on here once a month these days, as we have a shop full of customers to serve or emails to answer, so if you need more advice please contact us via the shop website and not this post or PM, wish I could be on here more but already working 14 hours a day+ and don't want anyone thinking I am ignoring you! OK:

Quote:
-it's a right faff -

As you know from when you visited I am a 5 year user. It DOES get easier, but the fact you are using that specific knee brace which carries some bulk will add time, but it DOES get easier I promise!

Quote:

This is normally easily adjusted by just undoing the velcro and shortening the strap up. You shouldnt need to move it more than 1/2 inch or so each side to feel some impact. Although I have to say the bunching up wont impact performance! If this doesn't work then do as you suggest, but I haven't heard of that one being an issue before.

Quote:
-the carbon tube on the mojo (injured leg) kept slipping off the spring and clip attached to the boot while I was skiing -

I am assuming you spoke to Ski~Mojo as we raised this just over a week ago, after hearing a similar thing, although I couldnt get it to do it with a week's hard skiing! Its a press fit. It shouldn't come out at all unless the system is hyper extended (which means the lower rods are running a little short, but in your case your lower legs needed to be run short to work round the brace hinge ) BUT I hear its only impacting a few units as this is first production (I only have heard of one) and thats been fixed in production Ski~Mojo advise by adding glue.

Quote:
- trying to get it back onto the boot was difficult due to the position (back of the boot) and again I had to get a man to do it. -

Again with factors like a knee brace and individual femur length and overall leg height, boot cuff height, there can be challenges on where to place the mount (I had to go 30mm instead of 20mm out from center for you which if anything makes it easier!) but sitting down makes this step simple? You need to hold the head so it does not swivel and not the rod, I find. But you are only doing this when going out in the morning so no harm getting the other half to do some work Very Happy

Quote:
- I could never get the mojo on the injured leg engaged without pushing it back manually, not a big deal once I got used to it, but on the good leg all all you have to do is "flick" your leg -

As I think I demonstrated when fitting it is possible to adjust the "bite point" of when the Ski~Mojo kicks in and did so - there is a nut under a silver sticker where the steel cable attaches to the system. Adjusting this tightens or lengthens the cable adjusting the bite point. We can happily do this for anyone who is struggling with the engagement of the system, it is always going to be a slight imbalance where one limb is effected more than the other, but we dont want to be rushing and adjusting this too much until you have seen how the system works for you when you are locked in your bindings!

Quote:
- you really have to plan when you want to go to the loo (girl) -by the time you've pulled your ski pants down, unpopped the (stiff poppers)

There is a technique here, they honestly are not stiff when you put them on at an angle and pull the tab at an angle - try it. I am sat here doing it now to a new system. If you push straight down, or pull straight up, yes its stiff, nay impossible! So just do it at a slight angle and because one edge is engaged or disengaged the popper pops right off. Just like opening a can of pop... Or just DONT open a can of pop, to reduce toilet breaks to a minimum Very Happy

I Hope this helps anyone with the system or looking to get one! I couldnt have skied without one of these systems for the last 5 seasons, which would have impacted my business as I am one of the ski testers here, it doesn't claim to fix all things, but for me and many others it has made the difference between skiing and not skiing, especially those with muscle wastage and weakened joints! Saying this purely as a skier and not someone who sells the thing!

Martin at Ski~Mojo is always available to answer questions directly, and likely better than me, but as I have lived on the mountains in the system, thought my feedback may help from a "real'life" point of view....

If I ever get any time spare, I will a) say hello to my wife, and b) do a video with some tips and hints as per above!

ScottyDog

PS - Please, do NOT crank a Ski~Mojo to the max! Use the recommended weight setting. You are not supposed to feel it constantly working. If you overdo the spring, it presses the back of the skis via the back of the boot into the ground, which (from trying this out a lot!) affects your skiing to the point that someone watching you or videoing you will be able to tell when you have them on and off. It also lightens the front of the skis up, which in turn means having to put more effort into your turns, negating the benefits of the system! These are my personal findings. My wifes words were "How come you can suddenly ski again and don't look like a muppet?!" as soon as I back the springs off, as I instantly improved my turns and therefore speed, and looked much smoother! If you don't believe me then go ahead and try it! Unless you are over 18 stone it makes quite a difference
snow conditions
Oh and @holidayloverxx keep up the work and the rehab, it WILL be worth it! Last day of my trip I was finally skiing like I was 6 years ago before all of my surgeries, Ski~Mojo free! So it can be done!

ScottyDog
ski holidays
Quote:

PS - Please, do NOT crank a Ski~Mojo to the max! Use the recommended weight setting.

Laughing not much option when the max is 30kg short
latest report
@scottydog, thanks for that..I'll say more when I'm on a PC
snow report
Quote:

not much option when the max is 30kg short

Laughing
snow report
Right, I'm able to type rather than faff with the phone!

@scottydog, Thanks for taking the time both in the shop and here, much appreciated - I will persevere and trust that it will get easier

I didn't notice the velcro on the strap Embarassed. Yes I spoke to Martin about the clip, he knows of 4 units. He said that some may have been missed being glued in production - mine has no evidence of any glue. He says it's just metal to plastic superglue so I'll just do it myself. On attaching the head to the mount - I never thought of doing it sitting down! Hopefully with the head glued in that will be it for the day. I'm OK with engaging the mojo manually - if in future I think the nut needs adjusting I'll let you know. Yes the poppers come off easily when you pull the tab, but even putting them at an angle to pop them on I find difficult - it's finding the sweet spot.
snow conditions
The sturdiest skier we have fitted so far was around 21 Stone. The system still provides benefits, they just diminish as you go past the maximum weight setting Very Happy I have heard of sturdier skiers using it with results.

ScottyDog
ski holidays
Good review! Starting to consider my knee support options for next years skiing at the moment!
snow report
@Batman_123, snowHead I'll update after Whistler...just off to glue the bits together and find the velcro on the strap!
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, lots of luck as you persevere with it Smile My hubby is on his 3rd season of using it and couldn't be without it!
snow conditions
@Batman_123, how ya doin'?
ski holidays
@Pedantica, I'm good thanks - third operation been (December) and gone and although recuperation has been light years faster than anticipated, there won't be any skiing this year. Feels much stable and is aesthetically much better - 4-5cm straighter. He's even done a good job of making the scar neater! Thumbs up from me Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Batman_123, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Yay! Roll on next season.
snow conditions
Batman_123, great news! snowHead
latest report
March update (Sun Peaks, not Whistler - I bottled out given the lousy conditions at Whistler).

Firstly dealing with the cons that I listed in the OP:

-it's a right faff - still is a bit but I'm getting used to it. The velcro is really heavy duty and it's a faff to get all the pieces ready to put on as it keeps sticking to itself.
-the harness that goes round under your butt is far too big for me (size 14), I'm going to have to do some sewing to make it shorter otherwise it bunches up. - as later post, I didn't notice the velcro adjustment. I adjusted it and its a lot better
-I really struggled with one of the (heavy duty) poppers at the top of the mojo (it popped open a couple of times when skiing so I had to pull my ski pants down on the piste to get it back on!. I had to get a man to pop it on sometimes - I'm getting granny fingers so how do people with proper arthritis manage? Getting used to it but find the webbing gets in the way
-the carbon tube on the mojo (injured leg) kept slipping off the spring and clip attached to the boot while I was skiing - turns out that it's meant to be glued in but a few may have been missed in assembly - I can send it back or glue it in myself. Advice was also to lengthen the mojo - I had thought it a bit short but that was the only way we could get it to engage in the shop. - the DIY glue solution worked and I did lengthen the tube
- trying to get it back onto the boot was difficult due to the position (back of the boot) and again I had to get a man to do it. - Got the hang of it
- I could never get the mojo on the injured leg engaged without pushing it back manually, not a big deal once I got used to it, but on the good leg all all you have to do is "flick" your leg - still have to do this with the ski off but it's no big deal
- you really have to plan when you want to go to the loo (girl) - by the time you've pulled your ski pants down, unpopped the (stiff poppers), loosened the harness, pulled it down far enough so you can get your thermals and knickers down you might be cutting it fine! - no change!

BUT..... one of the spring clips came off the boot attachment at the end of day 4 of 6. I emailed Martin at Ski Mojo (again) and he advised it was a manufacturing fault (again). His response: "Initially the spring-clips were not quality control checked by us as the ball socket part is supplied as a complete unit and the quality control check was supposed to have been done by the supplier. We spotted very early on (but not straight away) that the clips were not tight enough and started checking them all ourselves. – The supplier has been in to discuss the issue with us and the issue will be rectified for our next delivery. In the meantime we have been inspecting all the clips and adjusting them as required. Since the first batch of the new design ski~mojos went out - All of the rods have been being tested to ensure that the fitting has been glued in correctly and that the spring-clip is sufficiently tight. It would appear that you have one of the very first MkIII ski~mojos (as one of our main suppliers, Edge & Wax received ski~mojos from the very first batch produced – which we did not check the spring-clips or the gluing on). There is one change that we have not been able instigate yet; which is a change to the size of the release lever for the spring-clip. We have told the manufacturer that this appears to be too long (the part of the lever under the spring-clip) - as when it is fully rotated - it occasionally actually pulls the spring-clip all the way out of the grooves that it sits in – and sometimes it does not return to its correct position."

Martin suggested the spring could be put back by hand although it is fiddly. Neither I nor MrHL managed to get the spring back on - it needs circlip pliers, so I had to ski the last 2 days without the mojo.

In the meantime scottydog at Edge and Wax quickly offered me a refund or replacement. After skiing one day without the mojo I opted for the replacement. Unfortunately I live in Chelmsford, work mostly in Milton Keynes, the shop is near Horsham and have no weekends free till I next ski at Easter - Scott offered to come to my house at 8pm to fit the new set of mojos (he just left)!!!

Skiing with the mojo I managed to ski all day, average 40km per day and not needing to stop during any runs. When not skiing my knee felt fine. 2 days skiing without the mojo, packed in early, only managed 25 km, needed to stop several times on long runs and my knee started to hurt. Now I'm back (2 days) I'm limping and struggling with stairs etc and I think that if I had the mojo all week I would have been fine...so overall I would recommend it

...and I lost 10lb, not the full stone I wanted but near enough and did masses of rehab so went into the week pretty strong. Very Happy
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, that sounds like good progress. The fact that you can ski full days with the Mojo, but not without it, says it all, really. It is a faff though. I have my OH's but it's a few "versions" old now and might need some updating if I start to need it. Well done for persevering with it. And the 10lbs. wink
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, great to read! It gives me hope Happy. At the moment I don't need anything that supportive and my hinged brace is enough (judging by last season) however it is really good to know that should my knee degrade further I have something to fall back on.

Also well done on the 10lb weight loss Happy I am still 3lb up from my christmas extravagance but still well in normal weight range now for my height so not too concerned.
snow conditions
My friend and I also had issues with our new MK3 Mojos last week. Both were supplied and fitted by Edge and Wax in the last 3 weeks. It's dissapointing that Edge and Wax who knew about the issues still fitted them with the faulty boot springs clips. My friend's Mojo even failed in the shop during the fitting - bottom clip sprang off the boot during the fitting. To overcome her issue in resort we had to get the boot mounting modified in a shop, losing significant skiing time and a hours of faffing in the boot room trying to make it work.

I admit we all benefitted from the Mojo so the product itself is a good idea, indeed my friend agreed that without the Mojo she would have had no skiing. The failures she experienced seemed even worse as she had to stop skiing.

It's the quality control that seems to be lacking. This is not the only quality control issue I have encountered with a brand new Mojo. My wife has a MK2 Mojo that also failed the 1st time she used it! In that case the top rod came through the belt at the hip as the stitching had failed. That made the mojo useless for the whole trip. On our return, Edge and Wax replaced the belt and no more issues were encountered other than the rod popping out of the belt. Last year she upgraded it with a new belt and top rods that cost £25, I.e. The press stud version mentioned above. That has had no issues. In fact that upgrade kit seems better than the MK3 version I just bought.

Overall, when I pay nearly £400 for a product I don't expect this level of issues. Ski~mojo need to focus more on quality control and less on product innovation.
snow report
@Steveee, I don't think the production issues were known when I bought mine. ..it was one of the first of the 2015 model ehich I bought st Christmas.
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, please don't take this the wrong way, but have you looked into discussing with a physio about building up the "correct" muscles around the joints for strength to therefore allow you to ski without an artificial aid? a serious question honestly!!!
snow report
@kitenski, absolutely. I still go to weekly physio at the gym 2 years after the accident and gym 2 other times a week - quads, hamstrings, glutes , abductors are doing well; adductors less so and I still don't have the VMO back. I went into this week pretty strong but every time I skied since the accident I lost a lot of the strength quickly, also stability and proprioception is shot. I skied last week and went to physio tonight - first time I've come back from skiing and been able to pick up where I left off - after other trips I've had to crank things right down and it takes 6 weeks to get back to where I was pre-skiing
latest report
@holidayloverxx, also maybe a dumb question, but have you been taking skiing lessons as well? I find that coaching helps me to ski more efficiently, ie I get less tired and sore. That said, I can hardly walk at the moment! My knees - which are pretty arthritic, I think - don't hurt when I ski, but they hurt a lot when I'm more sedentary: particularly after a week of activity, hours of travel sitting on my bum is killing.
snow conditions
@Hurtle, I had 2 private lessons with Steve Angus in December - I have lessons every year. I knew I had meniscus damage, but it didn't occur to me that I probably have none at all at the injury site given that the bone was crushed to bits and the stretched MCL has to be carefully managed. I think that this 2nd season compared to my 1st season back, when we skied together, shows that my knee can only deteriorate - and clearly has Sad
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, Sad That's pants. Really sorry to hear it - you were skiing so well that year. Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy