Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ice Hockey

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone else a fan? My location isn't exactly the best, in theory my local team would be Plymouth...but their rink isn't even close to conforming. After that is Bristol...but they play out of Oxford. So my chances of even seeing Elite League or EPL is to go to Cardiff, Basingstoke or Guildford, all of which are getting on for at least a 3 hour drive.

Of course I'd far rather watch NHL but the time difference means that most games don't start until midnight so that means I can manage about 1 game a week, as long as I don't fall asleep before the end. My brother moved to Toronto a few years back so I've gravitated towards the Maple Leafs (so more often than not it comes as a blessing if I fall asleep before the end)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used to play in Swindon, might be closer than Guildford et al.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice, would love learn to play but no rink and no ability to skate is a minor problem. Have thought about Swindon but don't think it's that much quicker than getting to the others...plus one of my mates lives in Guildford so is a good excuse to catch up and have a night out
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do not know within England if your better Euro leagues such as KHL, SEL, TE and SM liiga are broadcast, but you ought to look into that. No lack of play on their part in the least. In fact, some of the finest play available.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I go to the home games when I'm in Chamonix but French ice hockey is very tame and civilised – it's like watching 12-year old girls play. A few Scandies and Canadians on the Cham team too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
First got into hockey watching in Canada, then went to a couple of Calgary home games in the Saddledome - Well worth the experience if you find yourself in Banff.
Watched Guildford (GO FLAMES) a few times, and a mate of mine is a MASSIVE fan of the Slough Jets, but not been to a UK game for years.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We occasionally go to see Dundee Stars (Elite League), and tend to time transatlantic trips to catch a few NHL games - eg 3 last time we were in Florida (2 at Tampa and one at Florida).

The UK games are pretty good, the Florida ones, not unexpectedly, better, but watching the Calgary Flames at home is quite a spectacle. As Richard_Sideways, says, well worth it if you're clsoe enough.

You can get quite a lot of Ice Hockey on Premier Sports (cable, satellite or online), including NHL, Elite League and some of the other European domestic leagues, as well as some international games.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have looked at Premier Sports a few times but usually get put off by the large subscription and that I can't guarantee that I'll get to watch a Leafs game each week. I tend to pick up the NHL games through a couple of different websites that are fairly reliable and have served me well for the last few years. European games tend to pass me by though because there's no English commentary on the streams that I can find. Also having got into the sport through watching NHL I lean towards the more physical game Very Happy

Never managed a full NHL game but did watch the Marlies AHL team in front of a 18,000 crowd on Boxing Day a few years back. Also caught games at AIK (Stockholm) and Frolunda (Gothenburg) when I was in Sweden a few years back, the crowds aren't huge but the fans are very passionate and there was a great atmosphere for both games.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I grew up in North America supporting the Leafs. Now go and watch the Flames when we are in Calgary, but have to admit it is really pricey to go on the organised trips as we don't have a car when we are there. I love watching it on the telly when we are in Canada. Would love to see ore NHL live, but not much opportunity. Love the game!!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Zell am See has a decent team, excuse for extra ski hol.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@SnoodyMcFlude I'd invite you over to watch Frölunda again here in Gothenburg but it's probably a bit too far if a 3 hour drive isn't on...! Only seen one game (so far), in last season's playoffs, but I can't say the atmosphere was great. It felt very restrained compared to the Sheffield Arena, Steelers vs Panthers in the cup.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
do go watch sheffield steelers quite enjoyable OH is a big hockey fan used to play and ref in the uk.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not quite Hockey, but the Red Bull Crashed Ice series is in Belfast next month - it's sort of 'ice skate cross'. We've got tickets but our flight back to the mainland means we don't have time to see Dundee @ Giants on the Sunday.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy