Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lidl Snowchains £20

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Lidl are currently stocking quite a few different sizes of chains for £20 a set.

Quite a lot on the shelf when I went in yesterday, we have the same type and not had any issues with them, though they do require a practice run to get them on and tight.

No excuses now for anyone driving to the mountains, at £20 they are so cheap you might as well buy them just for the UK winter, let alone ski trips.

Given the amount of ski gear, merino and snow stuff they do I'm surprised they're not sponsoring us by now!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bought a set of these a couple of years ago, took them and socks I already had to cover the variety of tyre sizes that I was likely to get on a hire car. Had to use them and they were easy to fit and worked fine, they also cost considerably less than hiring chains from the hire company. Probably not good enough for a full season staying on a steep road with hairpin bends as they are not as hard as my proper chains but I do have a set in the car as emergency spares in case my 3 year old proper set do give in while I am here.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a set of size 90 to give away ...chelmsford...if anyone's interested. They don't fit my new car

Edit...now gone

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 21-01-15 22:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought a set a couple of years ago, just for having them in the car for the UK, and they successfully stopped me from getting stranded a couple of times. For £20 a real no-brainer. Not too bad to get on - it's fiddling around 10 minutes vs stuck on a hill in the middle of nowhere for the night.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've had a set for 4 years and only had to use them once. Really easy to fit and but now I have no excuse for not getting in to work Sad when everyone else is stranded. On the plus side, I can get home when others can't! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a set bought for my ex-Saab which luckily fit my Passat! Don't expect to use 'em, but for £20.... Always have auto socks in the car and will put the chains in for a few weeks if I remember just in case I get caught on the commute Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy