Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ATOMIC BINDING FAILURE XTO 12 HELP

Poster: A snowHead
Fellow Snow heads,

I have a pair of 2011/2012 Atomic Blackeye Ti with Atomic XTO 12 bindings on them that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE! Last weekend I went down really hard and blew both my skies off my feet in an EPIC yard sale! After my life flashed in front of me and I came to complete stop with no apparent injuries, I looked up the mountain to see more than just two skies laying on the ground...

It turns out I ripped the entire heal piece off one binding and partially broke the other!

The local Atomic shop tells me he has never seen anything like it and plans to contact Atomic for options... This set up is a "SYSTEM" and they only sell skis and bindings together. My skis are out of warranty so if he can't get them to give him parts he claims my skis may be worthless.

I have searched Ebay and craigslist high and low looking for someone selling a set of XTO 12 to just slide on in replacement (NO LUCK)

Anyone have experience with this or have a set of junk Atomic skis with XTO 12 bindings looking to sell??

[/b]

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 20-01-15 14:49; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
vicmarc927, welcome to snowHeads!

Sounds like some massive force deployed in that fall Shocked Lucky you came out of that unscathed.
You should be able to fit any bindings to the skis as long as the drill patterns don't clash.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Zero_G Unfortunately, that style Atomic ski has a Soloman designed special rail system on it. (No holes required) the binding simply slides on. This is called a "system binding"
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah ok. Is it possible to remove the rail itself so that you can mount standard bindings?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm sure this binding is made by Salomon so you might find some compatible alternative - otherwise follow advice from Zero-G and start again without the rails.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quick mooch about shows EkoSport have some, albeit the 2014 model...

http://www.ekosport.co.uk/atomic-xto-12-race-ome-red-whi-14-p-1-25947.html?gclid=CMCrnOPmosMCFezKtAodOngA6A
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think salomon Z10's fit the same runner - could get a temporary fix by speaking to ski rental shops as all such shops will have some spares knocking about.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@vicmarc927, @Charliee, is correct, the XTo12 is a rebadged z10 or z12 salomon powerrail binding. They come up on ebay quite often and a salomon shop should be able to get them for you. But have you damaged the rail?

Look here at page 23

http://www.salomoncertification.com/manuals/Shop_Practices_Manual_2014_15.pdf
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got a pair of XTO 12s which I don't need anymore. They are still on a pair of Atomic Race skis which have hardly any edge left. Get in touch if you want to make me an offer....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RobW wrote:
I've got a pair of XTO 12s which I don't need anymore. They are still on a pair of Atomic Race skis which have hardly any edge left. Get in touch if you want to make me an offer....

Hello. I am interested. Do you still have a pair of XTO 12 to sell?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hello. I had your same problem last week: while skiing on my Blackeyes, one of the XTO 12 bindings suddently collapsed. I've tried to contact Atomic but they're not providing any assistance, in addition I am not able to find the binding online. How did you solve your problem?

vicmarc927 wrote:
Fellow Snow heads,

I have a pair of 2011/2012 Atomic Blackeye Ti with Atomic XTO 12 bindings on them that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE! Last weekend I went down really hard and blew both my skies off my feet in an EPIC yard sale! After my life flashed in front of me and I came to complete stop with no apparent injuries, I looked up the mountain to see more than just two skies laying on the ground...

It turns out I ripped the entire heal piece off one binding and partially broke the other!

The local Atomic shop tells me he has never seen anything like it and plans to contact Atomic for options... This set up is a "SYSTEM" and they only sell skis and bindings together. My skis are out of warranty so if he can't get them to give him parts he claims my skis may be worthless.

I have searched Ebay and craigslist high and low looking for someone selling a set of XTO 12 to just slide on in replacement (NO LUCK)

Anyone have experience with this or have a set of junk Atomic skis with XTO 12 bindings looking to sell??

[/b]
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hello..interesting to hear of these issues. Had similar complete failure of XTO 12 on 2013 Atomic Nomad Crimsons..in Feb 2014 heel section area ripped out whilst cruising down a blue..really strange realising it was happening....massive crash..quite shocking looking back uphill seeing bits of binding sliding down. Bode Miller would have been fine but not I.Local ski shop put salomon binding on. Works fine but have lost confidence in XTO binding.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bindings made by Salomon used to have a 5 year guarantee. No questions asked. I broke one a few years ago. No shops could help, including who I bought them from. I eventually got a number for someone inside Salomon UK who simply checked the model out for me and sent me a brand new pair. They didn't even ask to see the old ones.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@cinco88, With the thread being nearly two years old, you might be better sending a PM to RobW to get an answer
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Which is the salomon binding that fit? Z12? or also Z10?

barbossine wrote:
Hello..interesting to hear of these issues. Had similar complete failure of XTO 12 on 2013 Atomic Nomad Crimsons..in Feb 2014 heel section area ripped out whilst cruising down a blue..really strange realising it was happening....massive crash..quite shocking looking back uphill seeing bits of binding sliding down. Bode Miller would have been fine but not I.Local ski shop put salomon binding on. Works fine but have lost confidence in XTO binding.
ski holidays
I had a pair of Atomic Beta-Rides when they first came out. They were fitted with the Atomic-branded bindings, made by another company, cannot remember which one. The spring on the rear binding broke, leading to a rather nasty fall.

The local Atomic distributor would only agree to replace the broken rear binding. Sounds reasonable, but... he did not have an identical binding, so was going to give me another model, with different DIN range. Fortunately, the ski shop came to the rescue and I got a complete replacement for minimal cost.

I had since stayed away from Atomic, and have heard of others having the same problem with those bindings. That was many years ago. Seems like Atomic is still having issues.
snow report
[quote="cinco88"]Which is the salomon binding that fit? Z12? or also Z10?

Hard to tell as it was an old Salomon binding culled from ex rental skis so no discernible marks/numbers... just been looking at them and from images on net looks like z12. Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions
RobW wrote:

Hey there,I know this is a reach, but did you still have these bindings to sell?
snow conditions
RobW wrote:

Hey there,I know this is a reach, but did you still have these bindings to sell?
ski holidays
@Skimamabananna,

I don't know if they are any use to you but I have a new pair of Atomic XT12 bindings which I had taken off a new pair of Atomic Redster skis. The bindings simply slide onto the rails which have been removed from the skis. Each rail is screwed onto the ski with 8 screws.

I don't know if the XT12s (2019/2020) are anything like the XTO 12s.
ski holidays
Skimamabananna wrote:
RobW wrote:

7 years later?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy