Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any recomendations on gear

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey, Hi everyone, I'm new and I just had a few questions on gear, what's good and what's not. I never really got into the technical aspect of skis, boots, bindings and other gear. I figured I was outskiing the gear I have now, it's not real great. I'm getting some X-Scream Pilot 10's for Christmas and I figured I might as well buy all new gear, and start from the ground up. i already know I like the skis cause I demo'd them in Colorado last year. I was wondering if there was any boots that you guys would recomend over others, or if there are some brands that I should avoid. I was also wondering if there were specific brands of ski clothes that you guys would recomend. Thanks for any help you may have for me.
I'll be lookin at the forum and searching so I can try to learn a bit about ski gear and be a little more knowledgable about the gear that I use.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pbplayer_1357, welcome to snowheads

there is no best brand of ski boot, the only good ones are ones that fit your feet properly and are fitted to your feet, seek out a good bootfitter either in your home area or in a resort (if in the US then you do not have the usual language barrier that you get in many european resorts. be sure the fitter does at least the following
1) gets an acurate history of your skiing (be honest)
2) talks about socks and footbeds (you may choose not to take this advice but listen, you listen to the guy at the garage about your car!!)
3) performs a shell check ,look for between 8 & 20mm behind your heel with your toes brushing the front of the shell how much space will depend on your perception of comfort and how much performance you want
4) GIVES A FITTING GUARANTEE and is prepared to back it up (not offer you a refund less a massive rental charge, you can get that anywhere) a good guarantee will be for at least 2 years from purchase will cover fitting, adjustments and parts and replacement for the two years if they cannot get it right, then free modification should you need it for the life of the boot

as for clothing it is not my area of expertise I wear what i get given Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pbplayer_1357, CEM gives some good advice with regards to boots. Get recommendations for a good boot fitter and they'll sort you out.

What ski clothes you wear on the other hand depend what the weather's like (hot/cold/wet/dry). I'd recommend renting or buying something cheap so you can always buy anything extra you need in the ski resort in the evening. That way, you can see what the new season's look is before you buy! Cool

If you want skiwear to suit any weather, you're obviously going to have to pay more money...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy