Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free Lifts in Belle Plagne?

Poster: A snowHead
3 weeks today my son and I are off to Belle Plane with Esprit staying at Des Duex Domains. Hopefully we will arrive early afternoon and as we have all our own kit I'd like to get a few runs in. As our lift pass won't start until the following day and I don't want to cough up for a one day pass, I'm hoping there is free uplift close to the hotel. Am I hoping in vain?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Gaza, try Laplagnet.com/questions and scroll down a bit.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been a few years since I was last there but I don't recall any freebies in BP. Sorry. But enjoy anyway. snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have never been to BP but I have managed to get a few runs in on arrival, once because some kind person left their lift pass at the hotel to give to someone who wanted to use it and a few times just by going to the nursery slopes and asking the liftie nicely. Only works if the nursery slopes aren't on the main ski area of course. I actually quite enjoy a couple of hours on the nursery slopes as I only ski once a year so it's a chance to get my ski legs back.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is a free drag lift and beginner area at Belle Plagne i believe. Almost every village in la plagne has a free lift for beginners.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Gaza, going back a few years ESF took some newbie boarders thru the village using the lifts in the apartment blocks for uplift ( entrance/exits at bottom/top). Pretty dull if your son can ski a bit but that's as much as there us in bp if I recollect correctly. An afternoon pass for the two of you would be 69 euro which would seem a bit strep for a couple of hours. The 7 day pass premium (versus 6) is almost exactly the same.

I'd wait to see what time you get there, get skis etc - they'll be a pass office open in bellecote which is just down the hill from bp
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Gaza, @bertie bassett,

Here: http://www.laplagnet.com/ski-pass

Clearly says there is a free lift in Belle Plagne !
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't quote me on this, but isn't the lift/bubble between Plagne Bellecote and Belle Plagne free? I haven't been there for a few years but I seem to remember that was the case to enable people to get between the two villages as Bellecote has a pool/ice-rink/shops etc (maybe just for pedestrians or something - try hiding your skis Smile ) The Esprit staff that meet you with the bus at GVA should know, if not, someone in the hotel will for sure once you get there..

We're in the Deux Domaines the week after you so don't smash it up please Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You would need a lift pass for the bubble from Bellecote to Belle Plagne if you have skis with you, pedestrians can go for free (and outside of the normal ski times) but I don't think you could sneak on with your skis.
There are a couple of free lifts in Belle Plagne, the small drag lift on the nursery slope and the slow chairlift (Belle Plagne) which goes over the adventure park.
The 'Belle Plagne' should be enough for a bit of practise on the first day.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the replies. Looks like there are some options but €69 for a couple of hours max isn't going to happen; regardless of what my 7 year old might say. Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Gaza, The beginners drag (about 200m long) at the top of the village is free, as the 'Tyrolean' drag ( only a red run off it though). The bubble is free to pedestrians only, they'll stop you if you go through the pedestrian gate with ski kit. You can in extremis use the lifts in Beryl apartment to go up 7 floors then ski down I suppose !

You can do it cheaper - the 'coolski' pass gives you access to the belle plagne chair + Arpette and Blanchets, you can do a 4 hour pass for €29
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@skichampcouk, The slow Belle Plagne chairlift isn't free.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@eblunt, Yes, you're right. I noticed the ticket barriers as I skied past it today.
I always assumed it was a beginners lift as it is so slow and drops you off just above the beginners area.

@Gaza, Another option is to go for the park pass, also at 29euros for the day. It gives access to the freestyle areas so I assume it includes the Col du Forcle draglift and the Belle Plagne chair.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@skichampcouk, As a matter of interest, that belle plagne lift is being removed at the end of the season .. it's not actually much use really. How do you find the new Colosses chairlift ? makes a massive difference - used to be a real bottleneck, but didn't have to wait at all a few weeks ago.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
eblunt wrote:
@Gaza, The beginners drag (about 200m long) at the top of the village is free, as the 'Tyrolean' drag ( only a red run off it though). The bubble is free to pedestrians only, they'll stop you if you go through the pedestrian gate with ski kit. You can in extremis use the lifts in Beryl apartment to go up 7 floors then ski down I suppose !

You can do it cheaper - the 'coolski' pass gives you access to the belle plagne chair + Arpette and Blanchets, you can do a 4 hour pass for €29

No issue with the red as he is very competent and was skiing reds and blacks in Val d'Isere last year. The €29 ticket sounds more palatable so worth looking in to in more detail.
latest report
@Gaza, It's pretty short still .... 100-150 m long
snow report
eblunt wrote:
@skichampcouk, As a matter of interest, that belle plagne lift is being removed at the end of the season .. it's not actually much use really. How do you find the new Colosses chairlift ? makes a massive difference - used to be a real bottleneck, but didn't have to wait at all a few weeks ago.

New lift made no difference huge slow queue at New Year, very disappointed, no control by the staff even though there are 8 seats no attempt made to fill them Sad Sad

So bad we got the bus around to 1800 Sad
snow report
@boredsurfin, It's been pretty good for the rest of the season, I haven't had to queue much at all outside of New Year week.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy