Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oops straightened my Oakleys - help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Took a tumble today and slid a few yards downhill head first on my front. Only trouble is my Oakleys were in my front pocket (I usually swap from goggles to glasses when we stop). Now, instead of wrapping nicely over my nose and round my head, they two eyepieces are rather straighter and the arms are way out from my ears on both sides. Oops. They are wire rimmed ones. Going by the shape they're a C-wire model, but they're nearly 5 years old so they're neither of the colours on the web site - bronze/platinum colour frame and looks like gold iridium lens. Can I just bend them back into shape or is the frame likely to break? If they stay as they are it's new Oakleys time anyway so I guess there's little risk, but is it worth a go?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If it's the frame that's damaged not the lenses, Oakley will probably repair / replace them for you. At least, they have done so for friends of mine. Doesn't matter how old they are.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beanie1's right. Oakley 's customer service is spot on. I think your model is discontinued so they'll offer you such a generous 'part-exchange' deal off a new pair it's well worth going for a new pair.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Warm them up with a radiator or a hair dryer. then carefully begin to need them back. A bit at a time with reheating. Spread thel oad out by using both thumbs on the inside of the nose bridge, and the fingers accross the front of the lenses out to the stems. Doing it all at once, or whilst cold stresses the metal, which you have already done by bending them. Each time you bend, rebend, then you makeit stiffer and more brittle

Be aware that the stems may also have been straighted out, and should have a curve on them as well.

A metal bullet vault has protected mine through many a massive impact. Even when that is dented you can just bash the dent out.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 21-12-05 10:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Send them to Oakley at the address below with a coving letter:

Warranty / Repairs Department
Oakley UK Ltd
Ellipse House
Iceni Court
Letchworth
SG6 1TN

They will either repair them for very little or replace them for a lot less than a new pair.

I sent them my 14 year old M Frames that I broke the frame on, and they replaced them for £31.

You should have them back in under a week.

Andy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all! We've managed to get them more or less back into shape so we'll see how it goes, but it's excellent to know the warranty on them is good and to have the contact details. I presume there would be no problem if I sent them to the UK when I live in CH and bought the glasses in France?

Another related question - does the warranty only cover the frames or also the lenses (scratches etc.)?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You'll not get them to cover scratches in my experience but like others have said their service is second to none when something goes wrong with a frame or lens. Worst case scenario is a hefty discount (50% or more) off a new pair but typically they'll put your existing lenses into a new frame for free/minimal charge.

Technically I don't think they're warrantied for more than a year, but they've not quibbled over older glasses in my experience.

Oh, and you might want to see if there's an Oakley office in France/Switzerland than can help out - unless they handle all European business through the UK I suspect they'd politely point you in the direction of your local office.

S.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy