Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Major ski resort development proposed for Syrian side of Mount Hermon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Syria has unveiled plans for a "15-billion-dollar" ski and general resort to be built on Mount Hermon, overlooking the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights and Lebanon, according to press reports.

The project will include hotels, shopping centres, "skiing and other sports facilities" reachable by cable car. The intending developers are an unspecified group of Syrian, Kuwaiti and Saudi investors, said Mustapha Kafri, director of Syria's investment authority.

This report from Middle East Online.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I taught skiing on Mount Hermon in 1979/80. That was on the Israeli side of the mountain. My main qualification seems to have been that I could stand up longer than anybody who was using the resort, which wasn't saying much snowHead

On a serious side, before we were allowed to ski each day the mountain was patrolled........................... not by pisteurs are similar but by the army checking for landmines!!!! It was a little game the Syrian backed Lebanese Hesbula used to play - not your usual mogul Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SimonN, I was there in 82, alas not for skiing did not manage to get the planks on my feet that year. It will be interesting to see if it goes ahead. Hopefully it will help the Lebanese economy which is in need for the people.

Had a friend in the alpinistim must admit he was a pretty good skier he later got his ESF qualification, so it is probably fair to say that instruction may have improved.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Roy Hockley, Cracking idea. I was also there in 1982. Only thought of 'Planks' were to reinforce lids. Were you in B.S.?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SimonN, From 1969 until the beginning of 1980 I was had of the ski School, Neot Hasheleg. On Mt. Hermon, Israel. I am a Certified Ski Instructor from the USA . I certainly do not remember you teaching skiing in my Ski School, Sp. if you, as you said, could barely stand on skis. Hopefully, you did not have any accidents yourself or with one of your pupils.
Incidentally, Neot Hasheleg Ski School, under my guidance, were the first ones to teach the Elite Commando military to ski, on Mt. Hermon. I do not remember you though, teaching there. N R Wall;
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
naomi r wall, welcome to snowHead s
The Search Function on this forum is powerful but not awfully sophisticated - so ti can easily pull up thread which is 6+yrs old rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SimonN wrote:
I taught skiing on Mount Hermon in 1979/80. That was on the Israeli side of the mountain. My main qualification seems to have been that I could stand up longer than anybody who was using the resort, which wasn't saying much snowHead

On a serious side, before we were allowed to ski each day the mountain was patrolled........................... not by pisteurs are similar but by the army checking for landmines!!!! It was a little game the Syrian backed Lebanese Hesbula used to play - not your usual mogul Laughing

Oh well saves the ski patrollers having to do the avalanche control wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stuarth wrote:
SimonN wrote:

Oh well saves the ski patrollers having to do the avalanche control wink
It was not just that they patrolled the ski area, the army mainly looked for mines on the road leading from Majdl Shams to the lift area. Partly because at that time Israel had never built roads for subzero roads and the asphalt split open, easy target for the terrorists to plant land mines. the ski area could not be patrolled since they did not have enough personnel to do that and the area was much too vast. As a rule we could not open the mountain until late am, since it took them hours to walk up to the area. For your information my company, Neot Hasheleg made a movie of all that was going on before and after the Yom Kippur War. You should look into it, the movie shows you the beginning of it all, but also how to teach both civilians and army personnel how to ski.
Furthermore we never had a snow slide or avalanches on Mt. Hermon.
Naomi Wal
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So given the current issues in Syria, I suppose the development has been delayed... Toofy Grin

Was planning on going to Lebanon a few years back when the tour ops decided to go..then some dicks decided to bomb the crap out of the place..so that plan never came to fruition.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy