Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian resort with good childcare in resort for a 2 year old? Ski area must be fairly extensive

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was on the verge of booking group holiday to Kaprun, as I think it ticks many of our boxes (snow sure, childcare in resort for a 2 year old and varied enough skiing - just about). But...i've done a bit more research and am now worried about the number of bus journeys involved to get around to the different ski areas. Any ideas for another good solid intermediate resort, with the all important resort childcare and fairly snow sure?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We did Obergurgl Last year with Ski Espirit. Area is reasonable big and your pass gives you a day in Solden too which is pretty big.We could ski-in, ski-out in Obergurgl and only had to take a bus on our day in Solden.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks, baggins. i should've said that we are on a budget. we are a huge group but with only two tiny children, so it wouldn't make sense for everyone to pay esprit prices. i really meant a day care facility in resort. thanks anyway!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

a huge group but with only two tiny children

everybody could take it in turns to do the baby sitting!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hmm, no thanks, my children are older...been there, done that!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Precisely why we aren't going back with the group this year! Our kids are 12 and 9 and Ski Espirit is not the cheapest and we don't really need any childcare
have you consider getting a nanny in to wherever you stay to look after the two kids? We did that once in Meribel village. The Nanny came to the aprtment and looked after the two youngest kids, worked really well as she took them out and about on sledges
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
baggins, the problem we have is that there are 17 in our group so self catering chalet would be hell, and catered very, very expensive. my kids are a tiny bit older than your as yours, so the big group thing complicates it for us!! we don't even really need ski school, at pinch.i think we will stick with the kaprun option as it's excellent value. just a slight compromise on bus journeys. that is unless i get a much better idea ...today!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sorry for typos...must preview next time!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

catered very, very expensive

a catered chalet doesn't have to be expensive - though there aren't that many in Austria.

Some of the bigger chalet hotels can be very good value and have "games rooms" and the like which are fun for kids. When we stayed in one (snowcoach, Valmeinier) we had 6 kids in a kind of dorm room, which was particularly cheap, and they loved it. No grownups. The youngest (8 and 9) who had early tea, enjoyed watching videos with the other kids afterwards and the teenagers got together with others in the hotel and had an absolute ball hammering around the ski area (again with no grownups).

I suspect some Austrian hotels will be very family oriented and could probably arrange child care, even if they don't do it in house.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you haven't already committed to Kaprun , what about Mayrhofen?
SMT ski school take kids from 2 years (used them for my daughter when she was 2.5).
Ski lockers at base or top of the lift so you don't have to carry too much stuff (apart from first/last day). Ski school will keep skis at top of the mountain (not secured though).
Lots of accommodation , not sure about catered chalet though.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowacademy in Saalbach have a crèche in the centre of the village. Most of the rental shops (including those run by Snowacademy) have ski lockers/depots. Saalbach offers far more extensive skiing than Kaprun. For accommodation options try the Tourist Office (www.saalbach.com). Ski Miguel have a catered chalet near the village centre, otherwise plenty of hotels available, either direct or through the usual TOs.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy