Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Answers on a postcard please..............

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hubby wants to have a 'doing his own thing' ski break in around February next year-but is kinda stuck on where to go.

He's an intermediate skier, so wants enough decent runs to last him a week, plus the option of going off piste (with a guide of course!) would be good!

He's not fussed about accomodation, as long as it's warm and has a bed that's about all he needs really! He doesn't want to have spend hours queuing for lifts etc either, so a more 'obscure' resort would be good. He's got all his own kit so no problems on that score either. He's not a drinker so isn't too bothered about having bars/pubs nearby.

Any suggestions on where to go and/or who to book through? We've booked Ruka through Thomas Cook, but he wants to keep costs down as much as he can, and Travel Agents aren't always the cheapest way of doing things!

We like Scandinavia, as the temperature is how we like it (we like the cold!), but I think he'd like to try somewhere different. Although it doesn't have to be extreme cold-him and our 10 year old went to Mayrhofen in April this year and loved it.

Cheers m'dears!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
net_masters, well he could do worse than check out La Rosiere, the skiing should suit and there are some great off-piste itineries. Can't guarantee it will be cold, La Rosiere is usually sunny but why not have a look at our ad in snowShops or go to our website www.tracksvacations.com for more details.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

as long as it's warm

Quote:

we like the cold

You might be difficult to please!

...as it sounds like he's going alone and wants to save dosh I'd recommend that he waits for a real last minute deal (ie literally the day before) and he should be able to pick from a selection of warm/cold places. Call tour ops directly (Crystal, Neilson etc) and see what they have and bargain hard. Avoid half term obviously.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
net_masters, Welcome to Snowheads

I would suggest he books up late..or as late as Feb will allow - as a solo. Follow the snow and meet up with other chalet guests who he might wish to ski with.. Other posters may be looking to make up numbers so introduce himself..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JohnHill, I can see how confusing that sounds reading it back!! But you know what I mean-cold on the slopes, but somewhere nice and toasty to go back to at the end of the day.

Have thought about the last minute thing-with both of us working full time it is a bit of a risk both of us booking time off work just in case he doesn't find anything, but I guess that's highly unlikely! And we know to avoid half term-our Daughter will get 2 days at school in the New Year before we go away as there was no way we could afford to go otherwise-luckily her school appreciates that it's not a week sat in the sun that we've booked-she'll get far more out of the holiday than she would in the first week back at school, plus the school secretary is going to Ruka at Easter so wants to know all about it!

I have suggested that he register on here, so I'm sure he'll be along fairly soon!

Thanks for the suggestions!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
why February? Except for the first week, which would be good, it's all busy and expensive. French school holidays last for four weeks, including the first week of March. - I don't know about Austria and Switzerland. Mid March would be better for France, very quiet, loads of deals, and still good snow. But yes, definitely book last minute. Good snow cannot be guaranteed anywhere, anytime, as all those people who booked for Christmas in the French high altitude resorts like Val D'Isere will soon find out. There's little now, and there'll be a lot less in a week, but lots of low altitude resorts in Austria have super snow. Later in the season it could be the other way round.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sorry JT, thanks for the welcome!

pam w, thanks for the advice! I will pass it on, and make him register today as he obviously has more idea of what he wants than I do!

Little Angel
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy