Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Qhen does traffic die down into Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering what time traffic queues die down driving to Tignes on a Saturday? (14th March)

I am not in any particular rush to get there, but ideally not too late.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When looking out of our apartment at VT on a saturday the traffic into the village is pretty nose to tail through the day and eases off around 8 pm. There would still be a stream of cars at this time but a fairly free moving one
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
14 March is one of the few weeks when there are no school hols so it will be pretty much like this week. I would aim to pass the Lyon area at 4pm - you will then be in Tignes by 7.30pm. If you ask again nearer the time we will know if there is any one off events that may kipper this prophecy!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks.

What time does it start in the mornings?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The traffic issues are not near Tignes, but between Albertville and Bourg Saint Maurice.

14th March will be a quiet week so things shouldn't be too bad. Arrive at Albertville before mid-day or after 7pm and you shouldn't have any issues. In between, could add up to an hour or so delay.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Philip1972, be aware that there's currently single-file traffic restrictions in operation on the Tignes access road across the top of the Chevril dam - a big crane has been plonked on the lake-side lane of the road for maintenance works on the dam, the works are reportedly scheduled to continue into June.
I'd plan for traffic being slower-moving than usual and probably not lightening up for an hour or so later than usual.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Snow Beard, Not on transfer days - there are still 2 lanes available - its only when they are unloading from a truck that the single lane alternate will be enforced. I drove across yesterday.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy