Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it a hoax?

Poster: A snowHead
I have seen alot of Spyder jackets for sale on ebay for far less than retail such as this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-SPYDER-LEGEND-SKI-JACKET-RED-BLACK-RRP-300-SMALL_W0QQitemZ8740389477QQcategoryZ93790QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As they come with tags and the seller has good feedback how do I know its a con.
Also does anyone know where I could pick up a Degre 7 punch jacket for less than £400. I Have a soft shell and was leaning towards buying a 3in1 as well. The Schoffel jackets look good. Is there anywhere to buy jackets such as this online other than ellis-brigham, snow and rock etc.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Edmundh009, looks a bit fishy to me, interesting how they are trying to encourage you to pay by some weird method then paypal!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A bit here on how to spot a fake. Also seller has quite a few negatives, including some which reckon items were fake.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lol at this one though!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't go near these, after reading the link in Okanagan's post...not looking genuine.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM, NOCHEX is not a weird or fishy method. Has been around for ages and i think it only works through british banks by allowing user to credit there account with funds from a registered debit card, all accounts/addresses etc are verified
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's cheap because it's hideous Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

It's cheap because it's hideous

too true
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yep. I've seen a few ok Spyder jackets but these aren't them...!!!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spyder always remind me of those terrible spangly jackets the Japanese always seem to wear - Phenix. You couldn't possibly wear one away from the slopes unless you were some kind of Hollywood tart or fat German millionaire!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Plake, I'll readily agree to the styling similarity if you'd kindly explain
Quote:
You couldn't possibly wear one away from the slopes
why in the world you might wish to, for any make at all? Puzzled
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
His responses to the negs would put me off.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Has to be either knock-off or fake. Friends who went to China bought knock-off North Face jackets for a pittance. They look real but they aren't remotely waterproof!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If it seems to good to be true it probably is!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spyderjon, how do we know you're the real one and not some cheap knock off version?

Debs, quick, check his tags Shocked
ski holidays
FenlandSkier wrote:
spyderjon, how do we know you're the real one and not some cheap knock off version?

Debs, quick, check his tags Shocked

All the fakes tend to be the traditional red 'instructor' style jackets.

As for mine, nobody would ever be daft enough to make a fake Spyder jacket in orange Laughing

BTW, my other hobby is fine watches. Anyone want to buy a cheap Rolex, JLC, Patek Phillippe etc?
snow report
Edmundh009, 30 bad feedback in one month and a lot of talking about fake gear....
latest report
not sure how old this thread is as i can't see any dates, but i came across it while searching for info on fake spyder jackets.
i bought a "Spyder" jacket off ebay last year.. btw - it WAS ORANGE! i wasn't aware at the time that there were so many fakes about. i wore it for 3 months in canada & though it kept me warm in temps down to -30, & dry when it rained i noticed that when i took it off after a few hours of skiing the inside of the lining was wet & i did get a bit hot on the warmer days (but then i do the same in breathable fishing/shooting jackets that i have - don't really feel the cold, but suffer in the heat) . i wasn't sure if a wet inner lining was normal never having had a goretex or dermivax jacket before (use trespass cheapos!) but suspected that actually, it wasn't. When i got home i looked up some info on fakes & checked the jacket. According to what i'd read fake jackets have uneven stitching & the colours tend to fade. Mine had/did both, so i guess it's a fake. spyder jackets are continually appearing on ebay, & ebay don't like people putting fakes on there. i guess the problem is proving it. some of the fakes may be as good as the real jackets, while others are probably made from inferior material, probably material that doesn't breathe . If the stitching looks ok, how would you know if the material was inferior until, like me, you'd worn it for a while.
one thing for sure, appearance wise, the fakers sure do a good job!
snow report
riverwhy, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
ski holidays
Quote:

why in the world you might wish to, for any make at all?

Because I don't see any good reason to fork out for separate expensive waterproof jackets for walking, boating and wandering about in the rain.
latest report
spyderjon wrote:

BTW, my other hobby is fine watches. Anyone want to buy a cheap Rolex, JLC, Patek Phillippe etc?

I have 2 Breitlings, a Bvlgari and a GP you can have, if you've got the cash!

The GP is the 7500 chrono in white gold - offers over £10k Smile

Collect fountain pens too - too many to list

A
snow report
adam_button, Sorry Adam but I'm not a Breitling or Bvlgari fan I'm afraid. The 7500 is very nice & the WG version is definately the best, but I've already got a Patek 5036/1 annual calendar in 18k. I used to have a full set of the Rollie sports watches but I've been gradually selling them off. My daily beater is now a Rollie Seadweller & the only other Rollie I'm going to keep is a very very rare & mint 1964 model 6239 'Paul Newman' ss Daytona chrono.
latest report
spyderjon, I'm with you on that one: I find Breitling design a bit OTT, a bit too busy. Zenith are another bunch who've lost the plot, their latest designs are hideous.

You mention a cheap Rolex: do I get 5% off as a snowHead?? snowHead
snow report
[quote="Lizzard"]
Quote:

Because I don't see any good reason to fork out for separate expensive waterproof jackets for walking, boating and wandering about in the rain.

Which raises an interesting question. Is there any reason to have separate jackets for hill walking and skiing for example?

I seem to recall somebody saying that walking jackets tended to be made more waterproof whereas ski jackets were manufactured to be more breathable.

I need to replace my ski wear. I have a decent Berghaus walking jacket which will do an OK job, but is a purpose made ski jacket more appropriate?

Does anyone have any views?
snow report
To get away from the ski gear aspect of this thread wink do any of the watch pimps have a Wakmann triple-date that they're looking to offload?
latest report
richjp, i just use a mountain equipment shell jacket for skiing, walking and pretty much anything else. ski jackets seem to have all sorts of nonsense like powder skirts, ipod pockets etc etc which you don't need, add weight and seem to add ££££s to the pricetag
snow report
 brian
brian
richjp, I use a Berghaus shell for both. As Arno, says you'll get sport specific gimmicks (powder skirts, os map size pockets) but as far as I'm aware they're essentially the same thing.
snow report
Quote:

Is there any reason to have separate jackets for hill walking and skiing for example?

None at all. I have a powder skirt on my jacket but haven't done it up for ages.

Quote:

do any of the watch pimps have a Wakmann triple-date that they're looking to offload?

Nope. Wasn't Wakmann the Breitling brand sold in the States? I don't think they are that common over here. I do have a nice Casio tho, just needs new battery and strap: interested? Laughing Thought not!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
the ice perv, yep - Wakmann was the brand used by Breitling in the US.

They are lush - see here.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy