Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HELP! Salopettes for tall women!!

Poster: A snowHead
I'm 6ft 3 with an inside leg of 36 inches and need some help with finding a pair of Salopettes long enough??? I'm a size 14/16 and really struggling. Can anyone help?? thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Schoffel gear is good quality and they do long & short versions. I know this because my wife bought a short pair before our Christmas/New Year ski holiday and she must have mentioned how good they were at least twice a day. Blues in Edinburgh stocked the short version, don't know if they had longs because we weren't looking for them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Longtallsally, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead

If it isn't a silly question, why not just wear men's salopettes? I'm a very average height but at least one of my pairs of Salopettes is a men's pair (Colombia) which I picked up for £10 in a sale of ex-hire gear in Filarinskis. My 6'4" son in law has Schoffel salopettes, as it happens - and very good they are, too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi no it's not a silly question, mens tend to be very ill fitting and in all honesty I've struggled to get the leg length in most mens without looking like I'm wearing a sack : ( my challenge is more around my inside leg than my height. I've found most mens brands come up as 33/34 inch inside legs.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the tip though, looking at their size guides online Scholes don't seem to come up that long. I may contact them directly x
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Norrona are pretty long but unfortunately also $$$. I only need a 34" inside leg but like @pam w, have had more luck with mens, I have a pair of I think Bonfire that are plenty long.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Longtallsally, I'm a 34 inside leg and also a size 14/16 and I find Decathlon own brand (Wedze) salopettes are plenty long enough for me. They even have a pair with an adjustable leg length, so they might be suitable for you. I would never be able to wear men's salopettes either, they're either massive around the waist or too tight around the bum, or both, and rarely significantly longer in the leg.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Longtallsally, I have a 36" leg too. Ended up buying in Sweden, label says WARP. I believe they are an own brand of the sports shop but might be worth a google. Best fit I've had to date although still a little roomier than I'd like.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
More importantly, where can I find all these long legged ladies!
I also have a 36" leg and have Helly hanson Sallies in an XL which do just fine in the leg and are not too baggy I'm a man but a relatively slim 33" waist.
If you want a ladies specific cut in that length - good luck!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Longtallsally, try Burton online as they have longer length in some of their styles, also Athleta do 35" leg length - in the US (online) but pretty reasonably priced. Just remember that US sizes are numbered differently to UK ones but otherwise their sizing is as expected. Schoffel long length isn't very long at all rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Longtallsally, I (shortarseddobby) feel your pain, except I have the opposite problem. I wasn't called "Toddy Legs" at school for nothing. Can be a right pain getting suitable length salopettes. Resorting to women's size 14 for the last few seasons.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@dobby, but at least you can get yours altered.... Bit difficult to add on a bit wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What? Alter my legs or the salopettes? Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for all your responses guys! Dare I say it I'd literally pay whatever to get them long enough...call it an investment! X
snow report
The men's salopettes I have are too big round the waist as well but they have a tie or I can wear a belt, I don't actually think I've ever had any type of trousers and jeans which have perfectly fitted my waist, bum and thighs.
latest report
I have a 36" leg too and have a pair of XL Roxy salopettes which are long enough. They're not as long as my last pair of Roxy salopettes though, so it may depend on the style.
snow conditions
Arcteryx do a long option on their pants/bibs that add 3" to the standard length, for both Men's/Women's.
ski holidays
Hi Ladies,

Like everyone here I have struggled (6ft, size 10, 36" leg) but finally found Athleta.

I ordered a US 10 by mistake (UK 12-14) and the postage back is insane! So if anyone would like the Athleta Light Coralade for 60 pounds please email me (katemoss2204@aol.co.uk) they cost 120 pods and are brand new with tags still on.

this link just gives you some pictures etc, it is not my ebay item, just for info

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATHLETA-Women-039-s-2014-Coral-034-Light-Coralade-034-Ski-Snowboard-Pants-Sz-2-NWT-218-/331339641399?nma=true&si=rCcFDcXhH%252BdXIkJ9FdviFwLIt7M%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I ordered the Maribels at the same time (in the correct size!) and am keeping them, they are perfect!
snow conditions
North Face ski pants usually come in three lengths - short, regular and long. You may want to have a look at them. Scandinavian brands also tend to favour people with longer legs. They are pricey but quality is the bomb and if you are planing to get a good wear out of them maybe it's worth to consider.
snow conditions
I have a 34" inside leg and swear by Sportswear of Sweden, aka SOS. My salopettes are baggy around the boot at the ankle so reckon that they could easily accommodate a longer leg. Bargains to be found on eBay but you have to check regularly as they don't come on the market that often.
latest report
I have men's Oakley snowboard trousers. They're very long on me (but I like them!!), but they are actually a perfect length for my other half who is 6'7. Maybe worth looking into?
snow report
Go Dutch

Try and find a Dutch skiwear retailer online.
the dutch are quite a tall nation, worth a look
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy