Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canada- what about tips?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Arno wrote:
I don't particularly love the north American service thing where the server acts like they are your newest best friend but I don't think the way to change it is by punishing a 23 year old on the minimum wage

Amen to that. I did decide a poo-poo tip was in order once at one place where the "professional" waiter only actually took the order then bossed minions around to do the tasks like deliver the food, refill water, collect dishes. It wasn't high end so he couldn't be confused with a Maitre D'.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
re: the poor food... an astute waiter would bring over the manager, who would apologise and either offer Gift Certificates [if that kind of restaurant] or free something or another. The customer than typically feels slightly guilty and overtips the waiter....

Despite >20 years on this sceptred isle, there are still many things I find odd here, but I accept that it is the culture. That is the way it is with tipping in Canada [less so with rabbit plucking, maple syrup, etc]. [my list of imponderables includes stating if a criminal has a university degree, and the value of his/her house if they are charged with murder, and the random location/near total absence of street signs in city centres].

I agree, the transfer bus driver does get tipped [but not the drivers of the city buses] in Canadian culture.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In the UK I'd be far too scared to ask for a re-do, I know a few people that are in catering and I think that sending anything back vastly increases your chances of getting some ingredients that you didn't want.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Poor food... in the UK? I think that if they can't get it right, my providing free consultancy on how to do it is probably not going to help, so I tend to just not go back. Where I live many restaurants serve the tourist trade in any case, so they do not rely on repeat business. That's why tourist places are best avoided here.

"Meal Checks" are the most annoying thing ever invented. If I want to be forced to talk with my mouth full, I can do that all on my own. If I want to tell them the food is garbage, I can do that without the permission of a teenager, if I want to.

If the food was truly inedible, then I'd probably just refuse to pay. I'd happily leave them my personal details (business card?) so they could sue me for the cost if they wanted to argue it out in court. Good luck with that, as they say.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy