Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Censoring Product Reviews

Poster: A snowHead
Ever wonder why you only see positive product reviews on the Rossignol website? Well I have the answer.

I purchased this item:- http://www.rossignol.com/GB/GB/1p-130-padded--2014--RKCB204--product--technical-equipment-junior-bags.html#close - and decided to leave a review. However, Rossignol have refused to publish it saying that –

Quote:
"Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!"

As they won’t publish it, I will publish it in as many places as I can along with comments that they refused to publish it in the reviews section of their website.

Here is the review that they censored.

Quote:
Not as expected due to incorrect description

Finding a short bag for kids skis is virtually impossible so when I found this I was very pleased. The photos made it look good and the from the description it seemed to meet my requirements: a bag for my sons 130cm skis. The first task was finding a supplier. There were none in the UK so I had to purchase one from Spain. One reason there were so few suppliers may be due to the website showing the size incorrectly. The text said “fits skis up to 130cm but the dimensions said it was 110cm. Very confusing. Rossignol Customer Services confirmed the size on the website was wrong so I ordered one from Spain. When it arrived I didn't open it up fully as it was a Christmas present for my son. When my son opened it on Christmas Day he was delighted. He was pleased that he would have his own bag to take when we went on our skiing holidays. Later in the day he wanted to try his skis in it and it was then that it became apparent that there were further inaccuracies in the description. It says: “2 compression straps and padded handle” but it has neither. It has an adjustable shoulder strap but the clips are hopeless and almost as soon as you have shorten them they extend once you put in on your shoulder. These are not “compression straps.” I had expected compression straps that held the skis in place inside the bag but there is nothing. The only positives is the bag looks good and seems to be made of strong fabric. However, there are too many issues to recommend this bag. I would have returned it but my son would have been hugely disappointed that his present from Santa had to be returned.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 13-01-15 20:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If that is their policy, then it shows a remarkable lack of understanding of social media. It will come back to bite them sooner or later.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
But not surprising. I wouldn't want to publicise negative reviews of my products. The mistake Rossignol made was admitting they wouldn't publish it Doh!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
French, eh! Waterloo is clearly a distant memory.

By which I mean, French client service, in the main, in my experience is a bit pants.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
halfhand wrote:
But not surprising. I wouldn't want to publicise negative reviews of my products. The mistake Rossignol made was admitting they wouldn't publish it Doh!

If you are not prepared to publish negative reviews you should not offer customers the opportunity to leave a review of any type. Censoring criticism while publishing positives is extremely bad practice.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I never trust reviews that are on a company's own website for exactly that reason, always seem to be a few too many that are positive. There are even some review sites that I don't trust, all too often it seems like X manufacturer (not just for skiing products) is highly rated by some site no matter what. In those instances my cynical side takes over and I'm convinced that the reviewers have had the benefit of all expenses paid days out or a certain amount of free gear. If they stock it then I usually get my reviews from Amazon if I can, you get a good spread of opinions and the ability to comment on other people's reviews often highlights whether negatives that they've pointed out are genuine or if they are just a crackpot that didn't read the instructions.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Gaza, I don't disagree with you. Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SnoodyMcFlude,

+1 Amazon is always my first port of call.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gaza, i have to say that I would have suspected the dscription given that it clearly doesn't match the photo!

I'd also if I was Rossignol, not bother publishing any reviews on ephemera anyway when my business is mostly shipping skis and boots.

Not having kids, my cod-pop-psychology is more meaningless than most but I'd have been inclined to take child shopping for new one he could choose and returned original as not meeting sale description.

Easy for me to sit here typing that though Cool
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I note the French site is equally wrong http://www.rossignol.com/FR/FR/1p-130-padded--2014--RKCB204--product--technical-equipment-junior-bags.html
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@halfhand, @Gaza, A lot of brands will publish negative reviews as long as it meets criteria. Usually it's only rejected if you mention pricing (especially if they sell on their website), mentioning which shop you bought it from or mention something that may hold them liable (ie stating it caused an accident).

Yours seems a perfectly good review, so I'm pretty dissapointed they can't be transparent enough and publish it.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
was it that model or did you get an older version??? Ive noticed some spanish goods are previous seasons goods.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What they really should have done was offer you the correct product, if it exists, apologised and fixed either the photo or the description(s) on their websites. As they are still wrong.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@SnoodyMcFlude, "I never trust reviews that are on a company's own website for exactly that reason"

^^^ That.

+1
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
iskar wrote:
was it that model or did you get an older version??? Ive noticed some spanish goods are previous seasons goods.

I don't believe so. It was labelled correctly and SnowInn had to order it from the distributor.
snow report
under a new name wrote:
What they really should have done was offer you the correct product, if it exists, apologised and fixed either the photo or the description(s) on their websites. As they are still wrong.

That page has been a bit of a disaster from the start. Originally the description said "Fits skis up to 130cm" yet the dimensions said "L1040*W190*H140MM" which equates to 104cm. When I queried it they responded saying it was wrong and would be corrected, which it was. That still leaves the issue with the shoulder strap and compression straps.

I would have been within my rights to return it but for the reasons stated in the review it was a bit difficult.

It is a very poor show from a reputable company. Quite how they can get a description so wrong is beyond me. Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
@Gaza, instrongly suspect, as. I allude to above that the merchandising element is not as focussed on as the hardware. Be interesting to know the marginal profits on each though!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy