Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

San anton - things to do for part time skiiers

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Trying to convince my gf to come for a week on one of her first ski trips.
Any advice on things to do if she doesnt like the skiing?
Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jicjoc, I assume you mean St. Anton am Arlberg. Not really the best choice for your gf's first ski trip as it is not an easy resort for beginners, and there is not a whole lot to do if you don't ski - although the wellness spa is nice.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Drinking and a pop to the pool. That's about it. Ski school should be top priority
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jicjoc, pop on the train to Vienna and go shopping?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@red 27, If he sends her to Vienna on the train, he'll have plenty of time to ski as it's nearly 6 hours from St. Anton.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jicjoc wrote:
Hi
Trying to convince my gf to come for a week on one of her first ski trips.
Any advice on things to do if she doesnt like the skiing?
Thanks!

Public pool with sauna but expect lots of nudity
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Public pool with sauna but expect lots of nudity

Dammit I missed this. Spent too much time skiing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Plenty of young guys to hang out with who are willing to show her a good time. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The first time I went to st Anton we shared a chalet with a group of Australians, after a couple days skiing (or strictly speaking waiting in lift queues) they gave up and started serious drinking. They would come back in time for breakfast, sleep all day and then start partying again early afternoon.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Day trip to Innsbruck?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
quinton wrote:
If he sends her to Vienna on the train, he'll have plenty of time to ski as it's nearly 6 hours from St. Anton.

Perfect! Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Having bust 2 knee ligaments on day one last time I was there, I can confirm that there is indeed very little for the non-skier in St Anton itself!
As has already been mentioned, the train service is good for days out (Innsbruck is probably the pick) but the trains can get crowded at times. At least with my crutches and leg brace I was offered a seat!
Don't forget Lech and Zurs are just a short bus ride away. Beautifully manicured pistes and upmarket bars and shops. If the gf doesn't like skiing there, then you're probably fighting a losing battle!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@bertie bassett, Don't know about the sauna, but the pool area is not nude....it's great.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Innsbruck is certainly great for a day trip or two... We also stopped in Feldkirch on the way back to Zurich and spent a few hours there. Not that much to see/do, but the town is cute, and there is a castle to explore.

As to activities in St Anton itself, there are only 2 things that people go there to do- ski and party. On my trip there we had a non-skiing friend join us for a day, and she spent the morning sleeping in, and then took the bus up to Moosewirt in the afternoon to meet up with us, followed by additional partying in St Anton proper. She loved it!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've just spent the past couple of days in Anton with my family, 3 members don't ski. They headed up one of the lifts and sat enjoying the sun watching skiiers going past for an hour or so (you can get a foot passenger lift ticket, they went up Gampen, but Rendl and Galzig/Valluga are also possibilities), went for a walk round town (and tried a few schnapps/liqueurs in the shop in the middle of town) and back along the old railway, they also went for a walk along the Verwall valley. We stayed in a hotel with a hot tub and wellness area so they made use of that once it opened 3/3:30pm. Also went ice skating for an hour or so outside the Wellness centre. Other suggestions, had they had the time, were bus/car (they had a hire car) to Lech where there are plenty of cleared walking paths too, and a look round the town, day trip to Innsbruck/Feldkirch/Bregenz or similar, bowling/climbing at the ArlRock centre or a day at the welllness centre swimming/sauna/relaxing.
ski holidays
@Sitter, yep, there's loads to do.
snow report
Thanks guys
3 weeks to go...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy