Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria (St Anton Area ) - Cheap used Tyres - where?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm heading out to St Anton next week for a few months. I picked up a Honda CR V today but I need winter tyres I understand this time of the year.

A set of 4 if I was to fit them here would be £320 that's new winter tyres

Can you just rock up to a garage in Austria and ask do you have a set of .... in this case 205/70/15?

Do garages do second hand tires?

OR will I order on line like from this website: http://www.reifenleader.at/ it seems you can get them delivered to the local garage (KFZ-TECH PRIELER near Fließ in my case). Looks like a total cost of £183 fitted. Fitting in Austria makes much more sense because I can keep the existing tyres for the summer.

Any locals know if the garages do cheap second hand tires? That would be cheaper then £183 that I can order from reifenleader.at?

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Loads of places import part used winters from Germany. Google is your friend here. look to pay about £30 each fitted.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@cameronphillips2000, THanks Cameron: That's great. Looks like I might need to get the tyres before I go over with the snow forcast over the weekend and beyond. Much appreciated.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jamtastx, Garages often do have second hand tyres, but you have far more chance of scoring them in November - when everyone changes over.

You can just rock up and ask if you have them in that size, but there's no guarantee that they will - lots of places seem to prefer you to visit, order, then come back in a couple of days. Other big places hold more stock, but again, more around November and April when most people change over.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@clarky999, Cheers, I'm travelling down next Wednesday or Thursday looking at the forecast I think I might order and fit here. Much appreciated.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't know if I've misunderstood the question, however. If you get them over there and plan to keep your summer tyres have you got room to bring them back to UK or are you staying in Austria? If you were carrying them remember they will smell really strong inside a car! My car always smells from carrying motorcycle tyres.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy