Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Mountain / BBC SCOT documentry about Cairngorm

Poster: A snowHead
Last winter BBC Scotland filmed a 6 part documentary about Cairngorm ski area.
Just watched the first episode this evening.
Was a decent enough bit of prime time TV.
Available soon via IPLAYER link below for those that missed it (or live south of Berwick).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04ynmbd

p.s save the moaning for the other threads Wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
satellite transcends borders
get all the BBC (and ITV regions) all for free

was trying to work out in which year it was filmed (my guess was the winter before I was there last)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
^ I think it was filmed last winter ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Haggis_Trap, Thanks for the link, I'll look forward to that.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sadly, though Tyrol is south of Berwick, the BBC iPlayer doesn't stretch that far (and I've never worked up the energy to fiddle with proxy servers).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Haggis_Trap wrote:
^ I think it was filmed last winter ?

It was winter 2013/14. We were there in January and there were notices up warning that they may be filming for the program.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
espri wrote:
Sadly, though Tyrol is south of Berwick, the BBC iPlayer doesn't stretch that far (and I've never worked up the energy to fiddle with proxy servers).

hola is your friend Smile
will save any messing around
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Interesting programme, even to us folk south of Berwick! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I watched it on SKY ch 951 very good offering reminded me of the old days Very Happy
Have series linked it
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They are featuring it on TV tonight.
Not a mention that it is dated 2015.
Until the end of the credits.
Not a mention obviously that the Funicular access has been out of action for four seasons.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Skiing in Scotland isn’t really skiing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm pretty sure it is. Same equipment, same snow. You might not like it but for some of us it's a livelihood and also what we choose to do.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
orange wrote:
I'm pretty sure it is. Same equipment, same snow.

To be fair, the lift-served skiers' snow in the Alps is usually groomed to within an inch of its life, and, slope for slope, the off-piste skiers' snow in the Alps is usually less challenging.

So perhaps Ionizingskin meant predictable skiing rather than just skiing ?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@moffatross, Have a look at his past posts - there's a whiff of troll in them Cool
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes can’t wait for that famous Scottish component of the the free ride world where they ski on icy rocks just for the ‘challenge’
ski holidays
@MorningGory, ah, OK Laughing Now you mention it, their posting style reminds me of someone who used to post here and on the UKC forums under the handle 'gaelforce' and 'Nevis1234' or something like that (and someone who I think I met in Verbier about 15 years ago).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy