Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

airline checkin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know what airlines attitude is towards 2 sets of skis in a ski bag?
Flying wit Austrian airways and they carry skis free (providing you pre book the skis) which i have done. They have agreed that 6 of the party of 7 can take skis (I have this in writing0 but say there is no further capacity for the 7th.
So will I be able to put 2 sets in 1 ski bag (im thinking a child set and an adult set)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@PeterGroom, see http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=115722&highlight=skis+one+skibag
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting, I was going to say that I've never seen an airline check how many pairs are in a bag, but then I've also never come across an airline saying they can't carry any more skis (though I think I remember other SHs having this experience). I'd still be surprised if they got concerned about/noticed multiple pairs in one bag, provided the bag isn't taking-the-pee-massive.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Should be fine. We always book just one ski bag and put in it 2 pairs of skis, 2 pairs of poles, 1 pair of boots and other bits and pieces. Never had any comments, usually they just stick a label on it and tell me to take it to oversize baggage.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have done so every year for past 5 or so years with no questions at all.
Having said that, I make it a point to be nice to every check in clerk I meet, might have something to do with it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Austrian tend to use small planes, which will be why they have a limit on how many ski carriages they can take.

It is possible they might be more strict as a result (but I think still unlikely).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have taken two pairs in one bag before without problem. I've never seen the bags checked so long as its within the weight limit.
The only time I would think you would have a problem if the bag went missing/damaged and you tried to claim for two pairs.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy