Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendation for a Men's wide calf ski boot??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I just got out for the first time this season yesterday with a new pair of boots (Dalbello Viper 90) and they were actually painful to use. Part of that is my fault because I've been cursed with genes that gave me wide calves. So, I'm looking for recommendations of any boots that will give me plenty of room in the cuff so that I don't have another day of painful skiing. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Btw...I'm an intermediate level skier if that makes a difference in suggestions. Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In the first instance I'd take the boots and yourself to a decent fitter. It might be that if they fit the rest of your foot well that they could be stretched or the buckles could be moved to create space. If not then a reputable fitter will be best placed to suggest an alternative boot.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wide men's calf bump.

(Edit: sorry - had to)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@lilywhite, + 1
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DBall9898, the calf area of most boots can be made bigger, you just need a fitter with the tools to do it, first thing is to have the whole thing assessed, it might not be the actual size of the boot in this area causing the problem, tight calves or the position of your leg in the boot may be to blame, but all is not lost
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy