Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Pass / Ski Hire - Buy before or In Resort (Serre Chev)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Serre Chevalier on 28th Feb... Does anyone know if it's worth while buying Ski Passes and Ski Hire before arriving or get them in resort? We've been told we can get all this on the coach transfer from the airport via TO but was wondering if there's any benefit (or not) of doing it before.

Cheers[/spoiler]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've always booked my own skis before I get there. I think that is one place the TO tries to make a bit of money as their prices aren't always that great. There is a thread on here somewhere with discount codes that will get you a good deal. Email the TO and ask them what their hire prices are, they are normally quite open about them.

Ski passes about the same price wherever you get them I think (although sometimes the TO will not give you the best exchange rate).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Buying the lift pass on the coach makes sense and it's the same price as buying it from the lift office - as long as the exchange rate is OK, which it usually is. Ski rental is worthing investigating yourself - if you can't find better/cheaper deals then you can always go back to the TO and take their offering.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have a look on the Serre Chevalier website and check the price of the pass you want - this is what you will pay at the lift pass office. Then when the TO tells you the price on the coach, you know you are not paying more than you would in resort. In the unlikely event that the TO charges more, you can say no, and buy from the pass office.

N.B. This does not always apply to pre-booked passes on TO websites, which are charged in £ and whatever exchange rate they fancy.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski hire I have always booked separately as you generally get better choice and prices. I tend to book my ski hire before I travel.

Ski passes I book through the TO, usually on the bus but sometimes in advance, depending on arrival times etc. In my experience the extra cost due to the TO's exchange rate has been negligible (this year I am paying approx. £2 extra on a £230 lift pass)

Buying through the TO also usually means having the pass delivered to your accommodation the evening before your first day of skiing so no queuing etc. (worth the extra £2 imo)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guy's appreciate the tips... especially this... (Buying through the TO also usually means having the pass delivered to your accommodation the evening before your first day of skiing so no queuing etc. (worth the extra £2 imo)... Never even give it a thought it would be effectively "queue jumping" doing this... Smile

Shall be looking into the Ski hire side as well but tbh, I'm a novice still and not after Pro ski's or anything special at this stage wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've just booked to Serre through Inghams and they were asking for £200 for the pass. I checked the Serre website and the price of the pass is 238 Euros which currently exchanges to £175 - I decided to buy in resort or on the bus if they charge a decent price.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Spike107, if you have any old automatic ski passes around (Keycard type), you can load them up online at http://www.skipass-serrechevalier.com/fr/ , so still no queuing needed.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy