Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best package deals for a last minute January 2015?

Poster: A snowHead
My friend and I are trying to get away for a week leaving on Saturday 24th of January. We have our time off work booked - so the dates are inflexible.

We have almost always booked through Crystal Ski and have always got a great deal and been very happy with the service, quality, and price.

Given that it is less than 2 weeks until we leave, we are struggling to find anything on Crystal and would be open to looking at other package operators but not sure of any names.

Our holidays so far have been:

2011: Les Deux Alpes (Crystal) approx £350pp self catering + £120 lift pass (2 for 1)
2012: Val d'Isere (Crystal) approx £750 self catering inc. of price lift pass
2013 Jan: Les Deux Alpes (Crystal). £575 HB inc. price of lift pass
2013 Mar: Serre Chevalier (Ski Miquel). ~£850 catered chalet inc. price of lift pass
2014 Mar (booked): Val Thorens (Crystal). ~£750 catered chalet inc. price of lift pass

We are keen to go a big resort with lots of challenges and have enjoyed Espace Killy and Les Deux Alpes in particular. We are looking forward to the 3 valleys for the first time in March. We would ideally like Half Board / Catered Chalet.

Any recommendations on package operators would be great.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We can do you a FULLY inc package for £724 PP
Flights, transfers, hotel (3*), half board, lift pass, Equipment, etc.
There is a £4.15 deposit req. for your lift pass card, which you'll get back at the end of your trip.

Plus, on that week, you can take a full week's ski school for free as the hotel's always have an offer on at the end of Jan.

We have held our prices for next season so the cost shown on our web site is the same as this year's.
Note as the online system is now only taking bookings for next year you would need to book by phone.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 12-01-15 6:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you might get better last minute deals if you wait till the last minute wink Though that brentaski deal looks good.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Look here at ski Olympics offers - if you can travel Sun - Sun, if you are doing 3V - try Vallandry its smack in the middle of Paradski and that Chalet is in a fab position. I had about 15 hols with Ski O - a good solid family run company. £595 is a great deal. If you are massive apres fans Vallandry may not be the best - but for keen skiers - just go for it!
https://www.skiolympic.com/special-offers
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi @theLOLkid,

I don't know if it helps but we have catered chalets for £299 per person that week - www.ice-fire.co.uk

Flights, transfers and passes aren't included but we can help you to arrange those if you would like . . .

Happy planning!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Howdy,

Just seen some offers with SilverSki for that weekend.

http://www.silverski.co.uk/special-offers/

Tiffers
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have a look on http://interactiveresorts.co.uk/
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Im looking for a place for a group of 6 at the same time and now started to worry as all the deals I was considering have now gone and there isnt much available from the main TO's. I was trying to wait until I knew where the snow was but looks like we've gambled too much now.

Just how late do people leave it before booking? Ive done it 2 days before we leave before but that was just for 2 so it was easy, now Ive got 6 and they all want different things so its making it a little awkward, I just want snow!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@medlington, why not split the group in to pairs???
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Keep an eye on http://www.latania.co.uk/specials.php although not TO
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chrisrawles wrote:
@medlington, why not split the group in to pairs???

That has crossed my mind but ideally we'd rather be together. As long as we could get near each other I wouldnt mind though
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rocketski keep sending some good last minute deals if you're not too worried about luxury
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've got deals from Silverski before too, They have deals on for La Plagne, La Tania or Courchevel that week in catered chalets starting from £399pp with flights from Gatwick or Manchester
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Ive got 6 and they all want different things

knock their heads together. If they expect you to be researching and comparing they must delegate!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Crystal still have 1 holiday for 349 in Val di Fassa. Loved it last year and just booked for 31st Jan this. Food was nice and plentiful, wine nice. Could see why some didn't like the food (authentic mountain Italian style, nothing British) but prefer some culture.

1 lift off Sella Ronda so fun skiing to be had. Great snowmaking so not too worried by limited snow.
latest report
LeSki still showing deals for next weekend. Val d'Isere. Courcheval and Le Tania.
snow conditions
This came through from Silverski this morning...

Quote:

25 JANUARY:
Chalet Topaz, La Plagne - JUST IN
2 twin rooms (ensuite baths & WC) - £319pp
Chalet Bouton D'Or, La Plagne
3 rooms (can sleep up to 8.) - £319pp
Chalet Sonjon II, Courchevel
3 rooms now @ £319pp
Chalet Bon Coin, La Plagne
One family room (for 3 min.) - £349p
One double room - £349pp
ski holidays
Ski Val have the Chalet Hotel Chamois D'Or near the Solaise cablecar for about £450 on the 25th...Gatwick flights, transfers, accom and chalet board with wine...

http://www.skival.co.uk/ski-chalet/val-disere/chamois-dor/25/#

Add on some pre-booked internet ski hire and buy your pass in resort.

Hiring online with Snowbrainer with snowHeads discount code 'BLUERUN' will be a lot cheaper than going through Ski Val, but you might have to hoof over to the Front de Neige to the shop.
ski holidays
@theLOLkid, if you're still looking, get in touch again as might have a great deal for you Very Happy
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
I've got deals from Silverski before too, They have deals on for La Plagne, La Tania or Courchevel that week in catered chalets starting from £399pp with flights from Gatwick or Manchester

I'd be nervous about booking somewhere that also had the advert "Female chalet host required (must be able to cook)" on the same page ....
snow conditions
@eblunt, Laughing Play it right and you could get a free holiday
snow conditions
I book all my package ski holidays through Neilson's and have always been pleased with the service
snow conditions
I booked a 3 star no frills late deal holiday with Crystal earlier to Ellmau for just under £600 per person, all in.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
you might get better last minute deals if you wait till the last minute wink

100 times this. Last minute means booking up a day or two before travel. That's where the proper bargains are to be found.
snow report
I've seen some reviews of Alpine Elements on old posts, going back a couple of years. They seem to have some good deals, but are they any good? Anyone been recently, i.e. last year/this year?
ski holidays
Dav wrote:
pam w wrote:
you might get better last minute deals if you wait till the last minute wink

100 times this. Last minute means booking up a day or two before travel. That's where the proper bargains are to be found.

That's OK for 2 who are completely flexible about resort and could wait another week if nothing turns up...I've done it myself and got spectacular bargains.

The OP has inflexible dates and resort preferences, so probably would be best jumping on something now if it's significantly discounted and meets his criteria.

Also @medlington who has 6 places to find...can very difficult as TOs tend to release 1 room at a time on their last minute deals as they want groups to book early. Late Jan generally has less availability than early Jan too.
ski holidays
@luigi, + 1
snow report
@luigi, yes, you do need to be flexible for last minute deals. But as you say, if the OP is dead set on a "big resort" he is not going to be able to be that flexible. There are plenty of smaller resorts with "lots of challenges" but........

The best last minute deals mean being flexible about where you travel from, and how, and where to. A great way to discover something new, if that appeals. The best last minute deal we got meant train to Paris early in the day, then a night train out of a different station. We got 8 days skiing, very cheap, in a catered chalet in Plagne 1800. another good last minute deal in a rather upmarket chalet in Courchevel but we drove to that one.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy