Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheapest places to eat at Tignes - Val Claret?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As title, really.

Just wondering if there's any recommendations. Particularly for a decent breakfast.

Cheers guys!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Frankeh, Welcome to Snowheads, I'm in Le Lac but the Aspen in Val Claret does great budget meals for lunch - they do open earlyish but I would have to check if you wanted an 8.30 start. Its in the square just beyond the barrier with the archway over the top.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great food in the Aspen at a good price!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
depends how cheap you want to go. I think the Spar has a cafe…
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies!
Aspen was a name that came up a lot during my google searches, although old posts. Good to hear it's still top of the list.
What are the spar prices like? Inflated or normal? Thinking of making sandwiches/baguettes for lunches each day to take up on the mountain.

While we're at it, recommended pubs/bars?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Frankeh, Chocksaway can probably confirm this as he "winters" in Tignes. The Spar shop in the centre of Le Lac does do cheap lunches. Also more competition from other supermarket chains maybe keeping prices a bit more competitive. Also recommend the Aspen for good value lunches, especially if your hungry......... go for the Apen Burger. Very Happy

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 11-01-15 18:44; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Frankeh, Sorry but not too sure about breakfast recommendations. Loop bar does does a "full english" on weekends if IIRC.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Its all change on the supermarket front in Le Lac - the Spar is now something else (not that memorable) and I have not been or heard reports BUT just inside the Palafour lower gallery (door between the supermarket and ESF) is the Croissanterie du Lac which do excellent butties and paninis and stuff - and good value 'formules' with drinks etc.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ed123 wrote:
depends how cheap you want to go. I think the Spar has a cafe…

The Spar is now a Sherpa supermarket.

Just around the corner on the Rue de la Post is a Carrefour supermarket, which I am reliably informed, is the cheapest in Tignes.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
the croq burger (just off the square next to l'arbina hotel) is fairly reasonable..
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Frankeh, sensible claret lunch option is the Taverne Des Neiges, right next to Bollin lift - it is always fairly busy, but their pizza is decent and sensibly priced (for the mountains)

If you head into Lac the Marmot Pub does huge burgers, which aren't the cheapest lunch but are good value considering the sheer amount of food involved. 3 or 4 doors up from there is the Rendez Vouz which is a good place for lunch and dinner, does good tartiflette and pizza.

If you head towards VDI we had a good lunch on the mountain on the top of the Solaise, friendly and very quick service in the brasserie bit, their tartiflette and carbonara was good, burger looked fine but not as good as the Marmot.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy